• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This indecisions bugging me...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
A few years ago their asking price was $7,500
I didn't counter offer because the starting point was so outrageous.

wethinksigns.com is used by a company in England

While they may wholesale buy their domains ... I'm pretty sure if you counter with a reasonable offer of "$100 for the .com or $400 for all of them" and then just throw an xcel file of the cost of 5 domains for 10 years and inform them that you already have the domain backordered through godaddy so it will reserve it for you when it does become available as well as how long you have been in business ... they will tend to start to haggle with you.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Regardless, "you/we/everyone/someone/no one/etc ThinkSigns.whatever" has to be a low energy name. Completely forgettable. You might think signs but it's doubtful that anyone does.

With domain names, the shortest is the best. Remembering and then typing something resembling the preamble to the constitution, not so much. No matter just how clever you might think it is.

So your opinion is to stick with what we are using? I'm not trying to be clever, just trying to make it easier for customers to find us.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So your opinion is to stick with what we are using? I'm not trying to be clever, just trying to make it easier for customers to find us.

The shortest is the best. The hypen can be ambiguous, easily confused with an underscore, especially with old computer hands.

Locals Find!

Seriously, use that Memphis one then spend ever spare penny you can scrounge on Search Engine Submission and SEO services. Then come back in 6 months and tell us how much your traffic has increased.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I have to agree with adtechia on this one. It will save time and money on SEO work. Google loves domain name keywords like that in my experience.

Keep the others and have them redirect in case someone types them in...

I also like wethinksigns.com if that's available.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I took 2NinerNiner2's advice and bought thinksignsmemphis.com this morning. I've scheduled a meeting with the company that did my website to see about implementing these suggestions.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I took 2NinerNiner2's advice and bought thinksignsmemphis.com this morning. I've scheduled a meeting with the company that did my website to see about implementing these suggestions.

This domain name is a conjunction of three words. Two of these three words have nothing whatsoever to do with signs. Thus 66% of the words in your domain name, which wants to be a thumbnail description of your business, have no functional connection to what you do.

There are 17 characters in this domain name, 5 of which have anything to do with signs. Thus ~70% of the characters in this name has no connection whatsoever to your business.

Moreover, the only possible reason to add the 7 characters of ''memphis' is to distinguish your 'thinksigns' from someone else's 'thinksigns'. The mind boggles that there could be more that one person using this dubious name.

Every single character in your domain name represents a potential typo thwartng someone trying to connect with you.

Shortest is best.

thinksigns

SnowFlake

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 12.02.38 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 12.02.38 PM.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 76