• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on my logo? Thoughts on the name?

Signmaker1234

Name

Not political nor do I have a blue dog, just wanted something different, that's all! I did google it before I chose it, couldn't find another "blue dog sign company"!

CES020

A blue healer with floppy ears?

Looks more like one of the pointer breeds to me.

Good point! A friend of mine has a dog that's got blue heeler in it and it looks exactly like the outline, floppy ears and all. When I googled Blue Heeler, they look like they have pointy ears, so I'm guessing it's a mix to get the floppy ears.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
During the late 80's to late 90's, there were just about every
"DOG" design firm imaginable. I remember an article in some design
industry magazine about it.

My favorite of the dog design firms from that time is still around...
http://moderndog.com/18/

I see no problem with "blue dog signs" as a sign company name.
I think it stays in your head but not too funky... but like Old Paint said,
there are a lot of blue dogs out there... including an Australian "Blue Dog Signs"

I think the logo design is "safe" You don't want it too funky.

GraphicFX

Just A Thought

jh.......its a business card.......2 inch X 3 inch.........and negative space on that size is not needed)))))))) i have been handed business card WITH NEGATIVE SPACE APLENTY......text so small you need a magnifying glass to read it at arms length..... iam happy with what i got..........2 complaints in 20 years.....hummmmm i guess your opinion dont matter............to anyone but younz 2
))))

How come you don't have your area code on your card. I see this every now and then on cards and signs and am always curious "Why?" Does the business not want calls from prospects out of the area?

I am not much into negative space on a card either, after all it is the biggest piece of advertising for your company might as well enlighten the receiver.

Attachments

• Multi Large.jpg
    Multi Large.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 152

S'N'S

Signmaker, I don't mind it, easy to read and unlike some, it's uncluttered with every effect known to man.... if YOU like it, just do it. :thumb:
Over here we only need to worry if someone has the exact same business name in our state.

GraphicFX

Just A Thought

jh.......its a business card.......2 inch X 3 inch.........and negative space on that size is not needed)))))))) i have been handed business card WITH NEGATIVE SPACE APLENTY......text so small you need a magnifying glass to read it at arms length..... iam happy with what i got..........2 complaints in 20 years.....hummmmm i guess your opinion dont matter............to anyone but younz 2
))))

Hey Old Paint, I am newbie to biz and this is a legit question:
How come you don't have your area code on your card. I see this every now and then on cards and signs and am always curious "Why?" Does the business not want calls from prospects out of the area?

I am not much into negative space on a card either, after all it is the biggest piece of advertising for your company might as well enlighten the receiver.

ABOUT THE MAIN TOPIC OF THREAD----->>> I like Blue Dog even though what all is said, but why not Sign Dog? or Sign Dawg? Sign Dogs? Sign Dawgs? We work like a Dog/Dawg to make your sign work for you!

Just another thought...

Attachments

• Multi Large.jpg
    Multi Large.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Marlene

ABOUT THE MAIN TOPIC OF THREAD----->>> I like Blue Dog even though what all is said, but why not Sign Dog? or Sign Dawg? Sign Dogs? Sign Dawgs? We work like a Dog/Dawg to make your sign work for you!

Just another thought...

where I'm from there is just one area code for the whole state. we have companies that use it in their name like "802 Honda". there are Euro bumper sticker as well as shirts printed with just the numbers 802.

visual800

I like your name and I like the design. Your name does not have to reflect the nature of the business. Its catchy and the art is clean. I would not be concerned with who all else has the blue dog in their name. You cna beat anyhting to death. if you like it stay with it

Signmaker1234

Thanks

Signmaker, I don't mind it, easy to read and unlike some, it's uncluttered with every effect known to man.... if YOU like it, just do it. :thumb:
Over here we only need to worry if someone has the exact same business name in our state.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Signmaker1234

Thanks

I like your name and I like the design. Your name does not have to reflect the nature of the business. Its catchy and the art is clean. I would not be concerned with who all else has the blue dog in their name. You cna beat anyhting to death. if you like it stay with it

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Signmaker1234

Great alternatives

Just another thought...

That is kinda catchy, I like, sign dog / sign dawg! Thanks for the feedback!

John Butto

interesting post

I compete on several logo websites, and it has been a great study. I have seen great logos and the purchaser will pick some random run of the mill, done a million times logo. While some of the other I thought were great original design and concepts and are completely looked over.
Take this blue dog logo as an example, first of all it would not be accepted on those sites because it is not original art, but that being said, some of you on here like it and others see it as a common logo. My point is that it has come to my conclusion that anything will work as a logo. Because just as we all agree what makes a beautiful women on the front cover of SI, most, over 47%, will all agree on telling you what is a good logo because it has been accepted as good.
And for those of you who are still contemplating what I just wrote. If you did hookup with the ST model and lived with her, you might find out she cannot cook, she has a funny odor, she is a narcissistic person and goes into tirades about getting older.

CES020

If you did hookup with the ST model and lived with her, you might find out she cannot cook, she has a funny odor, she is a narcissistic person and goes into tirades about getting older.

Those would just be quirks I that would make me love her for her funny ways :loveya: