• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on my logo? Thoughts on the name?

nikdoobs

Your logo is good but your brand identity is where you should be concerned.

In Louisiana George Rodrigue's blue dog art is everywhere. That Blue Dog Cafe is right down the road from me in Lafayette.

Your brand identity wouldn't work here but it may work in Texas.

CES020

ces020..........iam past it....you must feel guilty........as for my writing skills and my time at PENN STATE...3.75 GPA......the way i type here is for people like you........give em somthin to dwell on))))))))))))))))))))and besides that..most aint as smart as you is.........
hahahahahahahahhaha
heres my cartoon super villian.........this is actually me and my real hair))))

I don't care how you type, I just wish you'd actually read the posts people make and apply accordingly rather than accusing people of things they didn't say and then acting like they have a problem when they reply to things you made up.

Signmaker1234

Ty

Your logo is good but your brand identity is where you should be concerned.

In Louisiana George Rodrigue's blue dog art is everywhere. That Blue Dog Cafe is right down the road from me in Lafayette.

Your brand identity wouldn't work here but it may work in Texas.

Thanks for the feedback!

Marco

It's Zacci, the steel blue doggy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 176

Jillbeans

Lower the dog graphic, bring "dog" in tighter.
Lose the rule line.
Less boring font for SIGN COMPANY, something sans serif but not so generic looking.
Such as A&S Sign Gothic (signfonts.com)
Maybe make it "SIGNS" rather than SIGN COMPANY, if so, use a big chubby font like A&S Trucker thick & thin or Sign DNA Big Red.
Love....Jill

OldPaint

ces020...........go back to pic on post #82............you wouldnt like me when i get angry))))))hahahahahahahaahahahaha

Signmaker1234

Ty

Lower the dog graphic, bring "dog" in tighter.
Lose the rule line.
Less boring font for SIGN COMPANY, something sans serif but not so generic looking.
Such as A&S Sign Gothic (signfonts.com)
Maybe make it "SIGNS" rather than SIGN COMPANY, if so, use a big chubby font like A&S Trucker thick & thin or Sign DNA Big Red.
Love....Jill

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check those fonts out!

HulkSmash

Hey Old Paint, I am newbie to biz and this is a legit question:
How come you don't have your area code on your card. I see this every now and then on cards and signs and am always curious "Why?" Does the business not want calls from prospects out of the area?

I am not much into negative space on a card either, after all it is the biggest piece of advertising for your company might as well enlighten the receiver.

WHY? its a CELL PHONE NUMBER(most cell phone calls will find automatically the area code..........and iam on the border of FL/AL. ..if the person is to dumb to figure out that aim in FL.......... i dont want to deal with em)))))))))))))))
i did local baseball signs for years.......and was amazed that these people wanted the area code....on a sign for little league field signs. i dont think many outa towners attended their games but.....i had to put em on there. which was dumb.
the area code on signs here didnt kick in on all signs till hurricane IVAN!!!! then we had people from everywhere here working.
and i agree with you.....AS A BUSINESS CARD...... it is intended to provide as much information as possible, as readable and large as it can be....as its never gona been seen at a distance greater then .....YOU ARMS REACH))))) negative space on ROADSIDE SIGNS, MOVING VEHICLES is important as it gives separation between words/ideas. if the sign is moving or you are moving........YOU NEED NEGATIVE SPACE so it all dont run together. add to this KENNING, is also providing negative space .........which most on here have no idea of how to use.take the word SALE........as i typed it, it is what it is. now add a space between the letters now it becomes S A L E, make it 2 spaces........S. A. L. E.......so using the negative space properly can make a sign more then a S I G N))))had to ad periods as the auto correct dont allow wide gap...

you broke every single rule in your card that you just drew out right here.

Also cell phones don't auto detect area codes..lol?

OldPaint

and it just shows how well breaking some rules work))))))))))))))))))))))))

if the person is to dumb to figure out that iam in FL.......... i dont want to deal with em)))))))))))))))

HulkSmash

and it just shows how well breaking some rules work))))))))))))))))))))))))

if the person is to dumb to figure out that iam in FL.......... i dont want to deal with em)))))))))))))))

Good Grief oldpaint, get yourself together. Florida has 17 area codes.

Also in reference to your breaking the rules working, i'm going to have to Politely disagree.

Techman

Pensacola has one area code that covers all of West Fla all the way to Tallahassee. Since OP lives there and only does work locally he has no need for an area code on his card. I agree with him because his work area is hundreds of square miles. Why would he want to work with someone several hours away..

HulkSmash

Pensacola has one area code that covers all of West Fla all the way to Tallahassee. Since OP lives there and only does work locally he has no need for an area code on his card. I agree with him because his work area is hundreds of square miles. Why would he want to work with someone several hours away..

He said "In Florida" I don't know his work or spectrum, just going off what he was saying. We have crews that work several hrs away, daily. doesn't seem like a stretch.

Marlene

good grief, how did this simple "thoughts on my logo" turn into this mess? feel bad for the OP as hard to get any feedback or ideas when having to wade thru page after page of crap.

HulkSmash

good grief, how did this simple "thoughts on my logo" turn into this mess? feel bad for the OP as hard to get any feedback or ideas when having to wade thru page after page of crap.

hey look 2 more posts to wave through.

Actually my posts was 100% on point with the OP. He asked about help, was given a bad example, and i intercepted it.

appreciate your input though.

John Butto

"good grief"

Luf ya Marlene...

Attachments

• marleencrap.jpg
    marleencrap.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 154

OldPaint

NOW colorado signs will be known as........THE INTERCEPTOR)))))) sounds fast to me))))))))))))))))

Attachments

• super villan.jpg
    super villan.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 136