• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

took the plunge and upgraded to cs6.

omgsideburns

The color of the environment can be changed in your settings.

64 bit rules, yes there is a big difference. If you have time to click and wait and click and wait, then you need more work to do. If you work off a server like I do, upgrading your network to gigabit from megabit makes a huge difference too.. unless you're designing postage stamps.

I don't care about having a CD.. half the software I have that was bought on CD goes through so many f-ing updates, if I have a problem and have to reinstall it's would be faster to just download an up to date version than it would to install, patch patch patch patch patch. Any software I have with a dongle can't install from the original CD anyway. I probably have 20 signlab boxes laying around after upgrades and updates, and I still have a spot on my server that keeps the newest version to install from. I'd much rather have a "cloud" version than this nonsense. It's like installing windows after a reformat.. no one enjoys doing two days of windows updates. Anyone who plays PC games probably has experience with Steam, it's so nice to not have to hunt for discs and cd keys and patching when you want to reinstall a game, just install steam and give it your user and pass.

Adobe is trying to be ahead of the curve. It's going to annoy people just like the new format of Signs101.

I will shut up now.

WildWestDesigns

I saw a $400 savings by not buying outright in a hard copy format. With cloud you just yank down what you'll need/use and pay a monthly vigg.

That's buying outright. With subscription based models, you have to go over the long term. Based on current pricing schemes, paying for a new version every year, if your work flow only needs Design (Production) Premium or less, in 7 years you'll be paying more for the cloud then buying out right. That 7 years is if you don't get upgrade pricing right now (or when the cloud started), but had to pay the full initial price first. If you got upgraded pricing when cloud first came out the ROI is much quicker before the cloud starts costing you more money.

Now if you need the Master Suite, then you can't beat the cloud quickly. Now, if you don't see yourself doing this in 7 years for whatever reason, then you can't beat the cloud right now.

artbot

the new crop tool is infuriating. thankfully adobe provided us the "classic options" which oddly is nothing like the old crop tool. now we get to click out of crop mode because you can't move objects when the crop tool is chosen. (unless i'm missing something like hold control/shift/alt/f6/cap lock when wanting to move objects during cropping)