• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two Color Touching Bleed Set up

White Haus

Not a Newbie
View attachment 167054

I think negative offset path is hard to beat. This example was made from a pretty bad original cutpath so would be better if made from a good original cutpath

I get what you're saying, but in that example some of those results wouldn't be acceptable. (and not because you just did a quick auto-trace)

On the inside of the "s" for example, the finished product when weeded would result in some wonky shapes/intersections of colors.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Doing an offset alters things like text, it might or may not be noticeable but it is still shrinking everything. What if you have a 1" stripe, it's not 1" anymore unless you make a proper bleed. You also have other situations like offset printing that usually have a pretty fat bleed where an offset path would not be sufficient without really cutting into your artwork.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Here I have done the offset, on the inside to create a bleed, once it's cut it looks stupid.
1694623848270.png

This is an example of placing the bleed behind the artwork - after cutting, it looks like it should.
1694624169678.png

JBurton

Signtologist
I think negative offset path is hard to beat. This example was made from a pretty bad original cutpath so would be better if made from a good original cutpath
You're really right, quick and dirty is what everybody would rather pay for.
I do have one repeat order that has this, I just hand built the bleed and contour lines, stacked over one another in some way to make them align properly at the intersection.
1694645992925.png

I used to make tons of these for project boards, but lost the bid last year. Saw one going up and stopped to look at the wrong colors being used, and noticed they didn't even try to double bleed, they cut black, stuck it, then stuck the printed shield over it. F*cking amatuer hour. And the kicker? This logo has the word 'integrity' plastard across it.