• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NightShift Vinyl

Hey guys! So recently I was doing some maintenance on my VP300I as one of the manifolds for the head were broken on the damper for yellow. Like a idiot, I disconnected the ribbon cables to the head while the machine was still "On" it was in sleep but it went right over my head to properly turn the machine off.
After I had replaced everything and used a syringe to pull the ink through the cap top. I went to go for a test print and yellow is no longer printing.

Im suspecting its a fuse but what else could it be? Im 100% sure it is electrical related. From a older post I saw issues relating to the transistors as well. On the 300I motherboard There is also a slot for 3 fuses but only two are populated; I'm assuming that is normal as well as in that other forum the image looked the same, just find it odd.

Anyway, I took a multimeter and the fuse was a little discolored looking compared to the other, but my multimeter was still reading the same for both of them? Perhaps I had it on the wrong setting but yeah any help is appreciated!

I have some basic fuses on order as we speak.

ToTo

Professional Support
Switch off the printer and crisscross the flat cables to the printheads and do a testprint to know if printhead or electronic is defective.

NightShift Vinyl

Switch off the printer and crisscross the flat cables to the printheads and do a testprint to know if printhead or electronic is defective.
Update, I swapped the Magenta and yellow cables, printhead still isnt firing, so im assuming that I did a big fuckup and the yellow printhead is dead... :( Im astonished that just from disconnecting it from sleep really killed the printhead so easily.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Update, I swapped the Magenta and yellow cables, printhead still isnt firing, so im assuming that I did a big ****up and the yellow printhead is dead... :( Im astonished that just from disconnecting it from sleep really killed the printhead so easily.
You can even unplug the printer and still pop fuses and damaged heads after there is no power to the machine. It's always best to unplug and wait about 15 minutes before working machines.

BigNate

... a good tip on modern electronics is to unplug, then hit the power button - on most new equipment where the power button is not a hard toggle switch, hitting the button causes all the capacitors in the power supply to drain, this in-turn drains the voltage from a lot of (if not all) the electronics in the system.

NightShift Vinyl

Posting an update for those who have similar problems in the future!

It was the print head unfortunately. I came to this conclusion after I tested continuity between the ribbon cables, fuses, and swapping the ribbon cables with known working heads. Hope this helps!

Rualsignmaker

I agree with waiting 15 mins before working on them. I popped fuses every print head I changed until I let it sit after unplugging