• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website revisions

jkdbjj

The logo is much much better! I really like the redesign of the site, but I honestly don't like the buttons on the top right.. It's not their position I don't like, it's the way they look out of place, imo..

Have you tried making the buttons orange or white, and the font blue?
I am struggling A LOT with the header area. I am not skilled enough to make it do exactly what I want, so maybe finding the right color combinations, which I can do, will make it better. I too am uncomfortable with the menu area.

i didn't read the whole thread, but i think the site looks pretty good, nothing over the top about it, but much better than alot of sign company sites i have seen

i did a search for you and you are averaging around 8-12 spots down on the first page, so kudos to you
Thank you, I have been very pleased with the SEO, things like event signs, retails signs, vinyl banners, vinyl decals etc, have been making the phone ring now.

i agree about the buttons floating. Try connecting them to the white board below.
I agree, I will play with that idea. As mentioned it is a soar spot to be sure.

I hope everyone is doing well, and business in being prosperous. Talk to you soon.

BALLPARK

I think you are doing a great job with the site. I like the color scheme and it gives off a positive impression.

Looks very good overall...

The only thing that I saw to maybe give a redesign down the road was the photo gallery. There are a lot of great gallery scripts with some cool picture borders. I just did not like the borders leading up to the pictures. Your work is outstanding so they would have a good impression after viewing it. But never hurts to enhance the borders around the gallery pics.

I did like the shadowing effect on your sidebar-right nav within the gallery page.

If you want a quote system, give this site a try. Works pretty well and very easy to update.
http://www.jotform.com/

Anyways... great job man.

AzGene

I think your site looks great. Your visitors will be looking for information and a reason to contact you. They won't be picking apart the details of site design. A lot of work and time goes into building a site and sometimes we tend to get hung up on the little details while forgetting the big picture. Hope to have my new site up this weekend and give everyone here a chance to tear it apart. Once again, good work guys!

jkdbjj

I think you are doing a great job with the site. I like the color scheme and it gives off a positive impression.

Looks very good overall...

The only thing that I saw to maybe give a redesign down the road was the photo gallery. There are a lot of great gallery scripts with some cool picture borders. I just did not like the borders leading up to the pictures. Your work is outstanding so they would have a good impression after viewing it. But never hurts to enhance the borders around the gallery pics.

I did like the shadowing effect on your sidebar-right nav within the gallery page.

If you want a quote system, give this site a try. Works pretty well and very easy to update.
http://www.jotform.com/

Anyways... great job man.
I looked at that link. Pretty sweet service!

I have a built in form generator in my system, but I am not sure it is as simple as that site. Maybe I need to put a call to action on the pages though to "Get a Quote Now".

I agree also about the gallery. The CMS system I am using allows me to tweak many things, but I have ventured too much into the gallery. Actually I haven't touched it since day one of uploading those images. So thanks for the kick in the but to get on that. I think it looks a little out of place now that the site is developed a bit more.

Take care.

Last edited:

jkdbjj

I think your site looks great. Your visitors will be looking for information and a reason to contact you. They won't be picking apart the details of site design. A lot of work and time goes into building a site and sometimes we tend to get hung up on the little details while forgetting the big picture. Hope to have my new site up this weekend and give everyone here a chance to tear it apart. Once again, good work guys!
Look forward to your new site. If you need any private help with anything, just let me know. I can help with SEO mostly, as I think I have that pretty well figured out now.
Thanks for the review.

jkdbjj

So I have had a website for over 4 years now, and up until the last month, I have only received maybe 10 orders over that 4 year period directly from the website. Obviously due to a few factors. One, the design of the old site was bad, even though I paid an ad agency to do it a lot of money.
The SEO was bad, and then there is the x factor, of which I don't know what it is.

In the last 2 months, I have redesigned my own site. I paid someone to develop a couple logos, and finally I am happy with that logo.

I was getting discouraged for a while because of the exhausting time I spend on the site, but I am happy to report, the phone is ringing even on the weekends. I have about a new customer a day, and several quotes a day. I never would have believed it would pan out, but it really is.

My only concern now, is am I ready to handle the business, which is actually a serious concern. My fear is not handling the quantity of quotes properly, and giving enough attention to each that calls. I am not able to hire people yet, so I hope it doesn't get to rough.

Thanks for all the feedback again for those that gave it.