• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why I hate Lowballers

Locals Find!

:goodpost:
That is a great attitude.

Kinda reminds me of the saying ...
"If you do what you love , you will never work another day in your life."
How is everything?
People here have missed you.

Thanks I missed you guys too. Life is better now though. I got a bigger place and actually enjoy my day to day routine much more now.

Hey Addie...welcome back you old die heart!!!!

Thanks

i've missed you addy!

I missed you too. Don't worry I will be around just not as much as before. The Boss Lady doesn't like me screwing around on here on her dime.

Why don't you just run a couple of loads of coke from cape coral to some northern state and make up all this lost business . Diversification is the key .

LOL! Kinda funny you should say that. I had a guy I went to school with had my same name just different middle name. Born about 2 weeks before me. He tried that. Got busted with 70 kilos and is currently serving 40-60 before parole. I think I will stick with my legal enterprises of gun running (buying from other states and selling here legally. We have some loose laws on the issue) Selling signs etc..., and selling/buying/trading anything I come across that has value.

Here's a suggestion. Sell something no one else has or can produce, and then charge whatever you want to.

Nice suggestion and one I plan to use down the road. However, in the meantime I need the day to day to build up the capital and clear up some debts from my past.

Fatboy

Thanks I missed you guys too. Life is better now though. I got a bigger place and actually enjoy my day to day routine much more now.

Thanks

I missed you too. Don't worry I will be around just not as much as before. The Boss Lady doesn't like me screwing around on here on her dime.

LOL! Kinda funny you should say that. I had a guy I went to school with had my same name just different middle name. Born about 2 weeks before me. He tried that. Got busted with 70 kilos and is currently serving 40-60 before parole. I think I will stick with my legal enterprises of gun running (buying from other states and selling here legally. We have some loose laws on the issue) Selling signs etc..., and selling/buying/trading anything I come across that has value.

Nice suggestion and one I plan to use down the road. However, in the meantime I need the day to day to build up the capital and clear up some debts from my past.

Well done Addy.Great attitude

ironchef

Im in miami, and i agree, miami is the worst for lowballers, not so much naples and other cities, but miami! Oh dear, i see banners of business cards 20 dollars, and other signs for way cheap. And realtors are cheap, i agree, truckers are cheaper!

Locals Find!

so addy, what are you into now? What's the new job?!?!?!

Real Estate. I couldn't resist the opportunity. I was raised in the industry. So, now I am the Office Administrator. (My Mother owns the company so, I get paid well and the job security is pretty nice. Hard to fire your own son)

Basically, I make sure everything is legally filed, all the signatures and copies are maintained, I train the realtors on the office software systems, I coordinate all the showings and lead generation, and coordinate with the title companies etc.. to make sure everything is on the up and up. I didn't even realize how hard it is to keep all the legal crap in order to keep from getting sued. It never ceases to amaze me how some Agents can royally screw up contracts. I mean I have seen some strange shenanigans people have tried to pull.

I am working on getting my license officially also and dabbling a bit myself in the sales side. Mainly for my own personal investments.

ICeMAnAbk

Holy ****. In 02 id charge 65 for magnetics. Only time id charge less is if I was doing 6 or 10 pairs all simmilar layouts (like realtor stuff). Unless the idea is to just hook them in w a low price on cheap things.

Locals Find!

get out of your mothers nest..
Go git yer own nest.

I had and have my own nest. I took the opportunity for my own reasons. The job was there I need the income. I am good at it. I like the work. Hell, since I got the job my life is 1000 times better than it was before.

I don't care if I am working for my mother or someone else. I only do what makes me happy. Doing what I am doing is making me happy. How many of you can truly say that without lying?? Not many I am sure.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I had and have my own nest. I took the opportunity for my own reasons. The job was there I need the income. I am good at it. I like the work. Hell, since I got the job my life is 1000 times better than it was before.

I don't care if I am working for my mother or someone else. I only do what makes me happy. Doing what I am doing is making me happy
. How many of you can truly say that without lying?? Not many I am sure.

Now that's just plain silly. Just about everyone here is happy with where they are at in life and in business. Sure, some have complaints and issues, but that doesn't make them unhappy or liars. Everyone has their ups & downs, but only those which tend to live in a fantasy and can't make it will make false claims. See, they aren't living a real life, so it's easy for them to lie or pretend on so many levels.

There are countless people here that have had so little sales, they've taken on other jobs, changed the course of their business, cleaned up and re-invented themselves, found more things to sell, just kept on keeping on, but they all have one thing in common.... they never lose sight of their passion.

I was never kicked out of the nest, but I left at about 20. Bought my first home at 21 and have never gone back. Yeah, my Dad gave me a $1,500 loan was I was about 22 to put a new furnace in my first house. I paid him back over the course of two years. Remember, back then I was only making about $75 a week... take home. Later, he gave me a $4,000 loan to buy a truck. He got paid back. It was always tough and times were tough, but I never lived beyond my means. My Dad always thought, rather than give your money to a bank and give them interest, he would hold the note and we kept it in the family. He always set up a finance fee, which he always gave back when paid off. They were always his offers to me. He said, rather than do without, get it taken care of and enjoy or use it while you pay me off. He was far from rich, but helped all of his kids equally. He learned this from his growing up.

If you live in a fantasy, pretend to have a business, live off of credit and always have moving home as a bailout, you'll never grow... especially inwardly.

This is no advice to you, but the way I was raised and the things I instill in others close to me.... if you aren't permitted to fall flat on your face, get up and brush yourself off and get back to work... then you're probably not worth a thing to yourself or anyone else for that matter.

It's called Tough Love. One needs to know, when to let go and let the little birdies fly on their own.