• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help You could win 500 bucks or many other prizes.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Well to be fair they were being pretty cheeky !
Yeah I feel like this could be used as a lesson in PR................... regarding how not to handle criticism on a public forum.

Aaaaanyways, no love lost here RapidTac. I still like you guys and your products. People are just a tad bit touchy when it comes to doing design work on spec, even for a contest.

If you went on a chemist forum and put out a similar contest for people to come up with a new version of your vanilla flavored brew, I wonder how that would go?

K I'm done. Have a good weekend everyone. :toasting:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Ok here's the deal we weren't looking for a print and cut ready wrap we were looking for ideas.
Just trying to have some fun. we were offering over a thousnd doller in prizes.
Sense we are getting such a negitive response we are cancelling the contest.
how was that over a thousand dollars in prizes? all I saw was $500.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
A wrap design can take hours. You're asking professional designers here that charge $500-$1000 or more in design to give it to you for free. For the chance to win $500? It's insulting to the professionals on this forum to devalue their work, something they have to deal with on a daily basis with regular clients. How can we pay for your rapid tac if we don't charge for designs? To top it off, you acted like the "typical idiot client" that doesn't know their JPG logo won't work, and gives no direction on what they would like. I'm just surprised a company that is so specific in what they offer the sign business, doesn't know the basics of how we operate. Bailing out on this thread and blaming us for it not going well, shows you don't have interested in understanding our work. We've seen this client before. "Oh you're going to charge me for a design? Well, I'll just go somewhere else!"

Last edited:

TXFB.INS

A wrap design can take hours. You're asking professional designers here that charge $500-$1000 or more in design to give it to you for free. For the chance to win $500? It's insulting to the professionals on this forum to devalue their work, something they have to deal with on a daily basis with regular clients. To top it off, you acted like the "typical idiot client" that doesn't know their JPG logo won't work, and gives no direction on what they would like. I'm just surprised a company that is so specific in what they offer the sign business, doesn't know the basics of how we operate. Bailing out on this thread and blaming us for it not going well, shows you don't have interested in understanding our work. We've seen this client before. "Oh you're going to charge me for a design? Well, I'll just go somewhere else!"

They are too busy bragging how their SIGN products are being re-purposed to be used on F35 Lightening II Stealth Fighter

SO TRUE
let me spends HOURS on spec work for a Hat ($10.00 ea MAX) or a shirt ($5.00 ea MAX) on a promotional product that I can't get compensation from and will only serve as FREE ADVERTISING FOR THEIR PRODUCT

I HATE SPEC WORK!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TXFB.INS

how was that over a thousand dollars in prizes? all I saw was $500.
I think they were including the hats and t-shirts, which don't actually have any value !

Exactly, they are trying to justify there actions by trying (poorly) to have the total amount they spent to be included

I want to know where they are getting their numbers from
20 hats (Richardson 112) + 1 location embroidery = $8.39 EA
$167.80 TOTAL

20 100% T Shirt, 1 side, 1 color Screen imprinted = $4.27 EA
$85.40 TOTAL

GRAND TOTAL $253.20 + $500 = $753.20
Were they going to ship this stuff express overnight

JBurton

Signtologist
Well that derailed quickly.
You expected a slow crash? I guess if you use slowmo, anything can slow down a little...
But really, if rapidtac was asking for concepts, sure. Concepts are free. Like, I say to thumb your nose at anybody complaining about the 90s logo, embrace it and go the other way:
WTZE-6jJ1ofXB0D5Fn5Y4w_r.jpg