• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

0.80 Aluminum sign blanks

ChicagoGraphics

Does anyone know where I can buy 8"x8" 0.80 white aluminum sign blanks from, I'm only looking for 14 of them.

Thanks in advance

OldPaint

iam sure somewhere in chi town..........somebody can cut .080 aluminum on a shear!! YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND A SHEET METAL SHOP, or tell the client you cant do this))))

ova

Is there an N Glantz location near you? I bought that size from them. No min order, but they deliver in this area, twice a week.

Dave

d fleming

Go to harbor freight or some such plus, heck, ebay, buy a small shear capable of cutting 080-18x24 blanks down. Buy yard sign blanks from grimco and cut them yourself from now on.

Mosh

Another example of why it takes more than just buying a "sticker cutter" to be a signs shop....

ChicagoGraphics

Another example of why it takes more than just buying a "sticker cutter" to be a signs shop....

LOL@sticker cutter. I been making signs, when you were still swimming around in your dads balls!!

I always buy my blanks from various compaines, just that 8x8s is a custom size and there min. are 100 pcs. I only need 14

Marlene

I'm at home today so I can access my contact info but try calling 800-257-5707, roadsafe's sign shop and ask to talk to Mike. they are really reasonable when it comes to price

d fleming

Good grief, if you just can't find them I'll chop em for you and send em ups. It is a pain most times to find some things in small quantities for sure. Keep your eye out locally to you and see if you can't come across a stomp shear sometime. You'll be glad you did. I love mine. I especially like not being at the mercy ($$) of the local sheet metal roofer who always acted like I was a thorn in his behind to get some metal cut.

Mosh

I been making signs, when you were still swimming around in your dads balls!!

I was making signs in 1988...how old do you think I am?

Sucks you have been doing it this so long and still don't have the equipment you need...
you must be doing something wrong.

I stock 2-3 4'x8' sheets of .080 and cut them down on my shear, as I need them.

Marlene

good for you Mosh. maybe every single shop on the planet should buy every freaking piece of equipment out there just in case. a smart business person invests their money in what makes them money. for some, owning a shear wouldn't pay for itself, for some it would. it is up to them to decide what they need for equipment in their shop, not some guy on the internet. he just wants 14 freaking small signs, so yes, tell him to buy a freaking shear, don't help him in anyway with a source. maybe it is just me but what the hell is wrong with people around here? a guy asks for a source and gets a lecture on what equipment to own.

Mosh

Lets see...I make signs, thus I need to cut sign blanks, thus I get the equipment to do it.

Like being a carpenter and the only tool you have is a hammer, call the lumberyard when you need a board cut. DUH!

I don't have neon equipment, so I don't sell neon signs!!! Same applies!!!

Like I SAID, another example of why it takes more than a "sticker cutter" to be a sign shop!!!!! Thank YOU!

Sorry, I just saying that is a pretty basic sign shop function, to be able to cut down the sign blanks you need....I don't mean an offense. In fact if I were closer I cut them for you....