• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

0.80 Aluminum sign blanks

Techman

if it doesn't fit the bizz model then pass it on.
This order does not fit the bizz model because you cannot find the supplies nor have the equipment to make it yourself..

Atomic DNA

Maybe Mosh could cut them down since he carries the stock AND has the shears. It was right in front of you face the whole time., Jeesh. All you gotta do is ask.

I called them already, there min. is to high

Our minimum from Grimco is $100. Can't you buy something else your shop needs to meet the minimum? Yesterday I ordered some Knifeless tape and four 12 x 18 reflective blanks, which came out to somewhere around $75 or $80, so I threw in a much needed roll of 12" RTape. We do it all the time with Grimco just to meet the minimum because they sell a few things we can't live without, cheap .080 reflective blanks being one of them.

Nevermind. I missed the part about custom size and 100 minimum. I honestly didn't realize 8 x 8 was custom. It's small, but never would have thought custom...sounds pretty standard.

OldPaint

i have to agree with mosh to an extent. YOU BEEN IN THIS BIZ...a long time..........and this is the 1st time you have needed a small order of .080 8 X 8 signs????so ya musta been just a "sticker guy." hehehehehehehe. i have been at this full time since 1986, and lived in to different citys....AND MADE IT A POINT TO FIND SOURCES for the materials i needed, even if it was only once)))))) as for owning a sheer, not for me, i have 2 sources for any metal cutting from a full 4' X 10' of .80 to a place that sells .024 or .032 24" wide on a roll. so get your undies in a bundle when someone thinks you should PASS on the job...IF YOU CANT DO IT......

Billct2

I've cut more than a few small signs out of 080 using a circular saw or jigsaw, still a good option for a few small pieces. And having a jigsaw or circular saw would seem pretty basic tools in this trade. Buy the best size blank to cut down and then cut to size.

Marlene

also check with a heating and ventilating company as they have all the equipment and may stock .080. it won't be baked as they don't use that. we don't own a shear or a large brake, just a smal one and use a local heating & vent to cut and do our bends on our material. I don't do all that many custom sizes so it works for us. I don't hink a saw gives a good clean cut like a shear. we have a panel saw and I'd never consider cutting aluminum with it. it depends on where these will hang. if on a fence outside, maybe the rough cut would be OK. if it is interior sign, I'd never put a rough cut edge on a sign like that.

did you try Mike at roadsafe? I've had them do not only the aluminum but also the lettering on it as it ended up being cheaper than me buying a blank and doing the work.

Billct2

We cut aluminum in our panel saw all the time.
If the edge is an issue, a quick swipe with a file does the trick.
We also cut 080 shapes with a jig saw regularly, again a quick swipe with a file smooths out the burrs. When you don't have the time, or budget for a few pieces it does work.

Marlene

what kind of blade do you use? I'm not at work so I can't go look at the blade but we have a metal/plastic blade with small close together teeth and I just not happy with the edges. I cut alumalite and dibond with it and de-burr the edges but it still leaves a rasied edge

We cut aluminum in our panel saw all the time.
If the edge is an issue, a quick swipe with a file does the trick.
We also cut 080 shapes with a jig saw regularly, again a quick swipe with a file smooths out the burrs. When you don't have the time, or budget for a few pieces it does work.

Try a Rout-a-burr and you will never file again. Just be careful if you have never used one. They are sharper than they look.

As for cutting aluminum sheet with a circular, table, or panel saw it can be done easily. An industrial table saw with a carbide blade will cut aluminum plate over one inch thick easily and leave a reasonably clean finish.

John Butto

counting

what kind of blade do you use? I'm not at work so I can't go look at the blade but we have a metal/plastic blade with small close together teeth and I just not happy with the edges. I cut alumalite and dibond with it and de-burr the edges but it still leaves a rasied edge
On Monday morning at the shop....