• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1 time Van Letterng

Just to start I own a Mailbox and Street sign Business, I have a Graphtec CE6000 , But I only cut out Mailbox Numbers and A few other things for the wife and her crafting, I have been requested by a Friend who owns a Fleet of Vans and He wants Lettering with Company Name and phone Number and some services Provided.

He knows I have never taken on a job like this, what size letters do I use? I have the Material and Idea on pricing. Simple Lettering no photo , I figured $125.00 for 2 sides, any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Attachments

• Work Van.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 202

Baz

I'd revise the price.

Tell your friend the cost would be between 450.00$ and 2 000.00$ each.

Price

I have asked 3 local signs shops for pricing, and they all gave me $125.00 for 2 sides , Simple Lettering 2 lines(company Name and Phone Number) what they did not tell me was the letter size. With logo they were asking $250.00 per side + Design Fee, Digital prints were $18.00 per Sq ft, Vehicle Wraps were from $750.00-$2000.00

Remember I started by saying My niche is Mailbox numbers and street signs I can do those all day with my eyes closed, But for a Van I am not sure, if no one wants to help , then fine I will measure any van I see at the Supermarket, I just thought this being a forum I could get some insight,

If people are even willing to help, not enough info given. Impossible to give letter size (and I'd be shocked if anyone here designs or prices by letter size) without knowing the copy.

If his company name is ACME INC., the letters will be much larger than if his company name is AMALGAMATED INSURANCE CONGLOMERATE.

There's a guy not far from you who has a pool ladder in his logo. I'd look him up and get a quote.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You have not given enough info for anyone here to ballpark a price for your project.
You should meet up with your friend with one of the vans and go over what areas of the van he thinks the graphics should cover.
Take notes and measure out these spaces. Measure out the wheel base or some other part of the van to help you scale your drawings.
Fire up whatever you use to do your graphics with and layout the text over the photo of the van.
Scale up the photo & graphics to roughly the size of the real van (or work in scale) and see what size the letters turn out to be.
Figure your materials and time needed - work in how much you want to make after all your costs are covered. Add in the "friend factor" (if you still want him as a friend once the fleet is done) and you should be close to what you need to charge to make worth your while.

wayne k
guam usa

Sign Works

Buy one of these - (Signwriters Publishing Company - Sign Contractors Pricing Guide).

Follow industry standard pricing structure diligently.

Follow industry standards on application - exterior signage & vehicle applications - cast vinyl only.

That $125 might be for two doors but not van sides, hell I wouldn't do two truck doors for $125 not even 20 years ago. Price accordingly using pricing guide.

Attachments

• 197_4.jpg
    197_4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 167

Sidney

Because these are commercial vehicles he/or you should find out if/ or what the minimum height is. In NY the Company name can not be less that 4 or 5 inches (can't recall) and the license/ id and ph# must not be less than 3" (and in NY they will have a tape measure and summons you if not to code) Once you find that out we can assist you in pricing:)

SignosaurusRex

Just to start I own a Mailbox and Street sign Business, I have a Graphtec CE6000 , But I only cut out Mailbox Numbers and A few other things for the wife and her crafting, I have been requested by a Friend who owns a Fleet of Vans and He wants Lettering with Company Name and phone Number and some services Provided.

He knows I have never taken on a job like this, what size letters do I use? I have the Material and Idea on pricing. Simple Lettering no photo , I figured $125.00 for 2 sides, any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Really?
:popcorn:

rossmosh

I don't do vinyl, but this is pretty cut and dry stuff. Take a tape measure and measure out how big of a space you want to work with. Then go into your design software and make the design fit the available space.

I'd be WAY more concerned with putting the vinyl on straight. Can't tell you how many vehicles I see on a weekly basis with the vinyl that looks off by at least 1" over 6'. Looks horrible.

decalman

This sounds to me, like typical door lettering.

A fleet of these,.. you can reel them out quick.
125 is great money for standard door lettering.
I would have know problem coming down to under a hundred, if I knew he might be shopping for a better deal.

Attachments

• monkey2.gif
    monkey2.gif
    15 KB · Views: 218

ams

You measure the area the lettering is going to go, then draw a box in your software and put everything in that box. Then it will fit on the van.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For most people starting out.......... $125 is a great price. Locally around here, those people get about $45 a side. As you learn and get better at it, you'll be up to $200 for a complete van. Hang in, it gets easier and more profitable.
:rock-n-roll:

Kottwitz-Graphics

For most people starting out.......... $125 is a great price. Locally around here, those people get about $45 a side. As you learn and get better at it, you'll be up to $200 for a complete van. Hang in, it gets easier and more profitable.
:rock-n-roll:

Ok, I'm not sure how to post a response without sounding snarky, but here goes. ..

By starting off with your price redicously cheap, it will be almost impossible to get up to where you need to be to be competitive, much less profitable.

If you are the cheapest guy in the area, word will spread quickly, and when you go to raise your price, customers will think that you are gouging them. Not to mention you will bring your competitors prices into question. It's much easier to start off where you need to be and adjust prices later.

Decorative Mailboxes

I never have liked doing mailboxes.

These are not your typical Mailboxes , They are heavy cast usually welded then Painted(Powder coat or 3rd tier Automotive finish) same for the Decorative street signs, I fabricate them all, so all my vinyl experience is small letters , I will take some advice Measure the van then calculate the best size, I just thought there was a standard Size to van or truck lettering. I will continue to learn.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mailboxes-Street Signs.pdf
    862.5 KB · Views: 141

OldPaint

$125.00 ............for THE 2 DOORS!!!
anything else keep adding $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
this van $825.00

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 126