• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1005 Supercast Easy Apply RS

Samson

We like 3M, but supplier offering killer deal on Avery Vinyl and Lam. Throwing in the Lam if we buy the vinyl.

Samson

How is this material problematic?
Longevity, Print-ability, Application of the material? Can you guys be more specific?

Circleville Signs

In my career I've probably had 80% of the jobs that I've used Avery on come back with failures of some type. That's bad enough - but the suppliers won't even stand behind this crap - they send you straight to Avery - who also won't stand behind it. My Fellers rep has been trying to get me to use that stuff with a vengeance - offering similar deals to what you've been offered.

I won't touch it. It isn't worth the probable hassle that will follow.

I won't touch it.

702 graphics

I would like to disagree with this thread. I am the VP of Operations at www.702graphics.com We are a extremely reputable company. We have been using Avery MPI 1005 EZ RS for over 2 years now. We had a client who insisted on 3M IJ180CV3. 2 wraps in they had lift and we convinced them to change back to EZ RS. No Problems. I know there are a lot of Avery haters on here. I figured I would stick up for them. We love it.

702 graphics

The front of this car war wrapped with EZ RS. Heated and stretched like crazy. Still holding like a champ.

Attachments

• IMG_5522.jpg
    IMG_5522.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 100

Flame

The front of this car war wrapped with EZ RS. Heated and stretched like crazy. Still holding like a champ.

You are a lucky sun of a gun then. There are companies across the nation, HUNDREDS of companies who have lost thousands upon thousands of dollars due to material failing, and Avery not backing them up.

If nothing else... it's principle.

702 graphics

3M offers a warranty. However I'm not aware of anyone receiving it. I know 3rd party inks, Desert Weather, Using a lam other than 3M automatically void it. They also don't warranty any panels that lay horizontal EX. Hood / Roof ? Trunk. That's just the fine print I am aware of.

Circleville Signs

I've had to have 3M get involved in maybe 3 or 4 failure issues over the years. The process has been relatively painless, and the question of 3rd party inks has NEVER come up.

Also not sure why you would use unmatched lams?

AUTO-FX

i dont use avery any more ever since there cast and calendered vinyls were taking a dump on all my jobs, but you would think that after they became aware of the situation, they would have gone to extreeeeme lengths fix the problem imeeediately... DID THEY?

GZ SIGN DESIGNS

We've been using MPI 1005 for years now and have had not one issue with the material.Just switched to super cast and love the stuff.