• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10oz banner on HP 360

ExecuPrintGS

I looked in my notes and have it written that a lower vacuum is better. Currently set to 35.

Oh my, that is way to high for 10oz banner, no wonder it is sticking to the platter. I am pretty sure the vacuum in my media preset for 10oz banner is set at 10.

I just looked and i run our 13/15oz on 20 for the vacuum. im sure it would be lower for 10oz. Lower that setting and see what it does.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
And people think latex printers are better than solvent why?

Yes, less maintenance. No banding. No dry times. No fumes. More applications can be done with Latex also. Latex is not a good machine if you are trying to print funky pastels.

AKwrapguy

And people think latex printers are better than solvent why?

Are you asking seriously? If so, more media options, faster turn around time, less maintenance, no fumes, wrap material is easier to work with, HP Gen 3 inks are scratch resistance, consumables tend to be less expensive, no waste ink to dispose of, machine doesn't have to wake up to cycle every few hours, user friendly and easy to tweak and customize, etc....

While Latex isn't the end all to be all of printers and their not perfect, but you very rarely hear of anyone that goes from solvent to latex and than back to solvent. I went from solvent to eco-solvent, to latex. Mimaki, Roland, HP (solvent and latex) and latex is by far the easiest printer to deal with.

ikarasu

I go from Latex (At home) To Solvent (At work) And I hate it. I just dumped 4 liters of ink / cleaning solution out of the waste container at work. Lets say it's only 3 liters of ink... Thats about $400 down the drain. Nevermind the smell... How the heads dinged up and they want $4000 per head, so now all our prints are subpar... Tons of reasons people "Think" latex is better than solvent. I've been pushing and pushing for them to buy a Latex for a year.

There are issues. 90% Of the issues / Drawbacks are due to lack of experience, and just needing to get to know the machine. Think of when you just bought your first solvent... How many issues you needed to resolve. Latex is the same way... Its a similiar technology, but it's used in a different way - As with all new techs, there is a learning curve.

Latex does still have it's downsides, but the upsides far outweight Solvent upsides for me.

As for 10 oz banner... I print on it just fine. No headstrikes or nothing, I always print attached to the takeup reel, so maybe thats why. The only issue I have is the heat shrinks the Material... my 60" banners came out 59". Pretty big shrinkage... Of course it was the first time I was printing banner on the Latex though, so I didn't realize it can shrink, and that theres a compensation for it. An example of one of the "Drawbacks" thats a bit of a learning curve. An issue thats easily fixed, you just need to know how to fix it.