Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13.5" Laminate Rolls?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by jfiscus, Jul 17, 2012.

1. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I've recently ran into a problem with receiving a shipment of laminate that I thought would be commonplace...

When I print with my EdgeFX onto materials, I laminate with 3M 8519 that comes in 13.5" rolls from my supplier. However, last time I ordered about 8 rolls - so it's been a while since I ran out. When I went to re-order last week my supplier informed me that this is not something they normally stock & I'm one of the only customers that ever order this... so it's taking a week to get them to me???
    :frustrated:
    What material does everyone else use for laminating their Edge prints? (or what supplier?)

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  3. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    i order 30" rolls of oracal 210 and my supplier slits them down to 15" for me (but they can make it what ever width you want)

4. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    That is my usual supplier, when I inquired about an alternative material my sales rep did not know of any. I will call him about this product! Thanks.

5. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    210 won't work with the shorter life expectancy. 99% of the graphics are police cars/ambulances/firetrucks.

Do you get any troubles out of your slit rolls? Another supplier of mine used to occasionally slit rolls for me but I had some deviation & edge defects so I stopped doing it that way.

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    GMS specializes in the materials, if Advantage dosen't have it GMS should. Also any Gerber supplier should be able ot get it rather quickly!

7. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Gms +1