• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

13.5" Laminate Rolls?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've recently ran into a problem with receiving a shipment of laminate that I thought would be commonplace...

When I print with my EdgeFX onto materials, I laminate with 3M 8519 that comes in 13.5" rolls from my supplier. However, last time I ordered about 8 rolls - so it's been a while since I ran out. When I went to re-order last week my supplier informed me that this is not something they normally stock & I'm one of the only customers that ever order this... so it's taking a week to get them to me???
:frustrated:
What material does everyone else use for laminating their Edge prints? (or what supplier?)

petepaz

i order 30" rolls of oracal 210 and my supplier slits them down to 15" for me (but they can make it what ever width you want)

jfiscus

Rap Master
i order 30" rolls of oracal 210 and my supplier slits them down to 15" for me (but they can make it what ever width you want)

210 won't work with the shorter life expectancy. 99% of the graphics are police cars/ambulances/firetrucks.

Do you get any troubles out of your slit rolls? Another supplier of mine used to occasionally slit rolls for me but I had some deviation & edge defects so I stopped doing it that way.

signage

GMS specializes in the materials, if Advantage dosen't have it GMS should. Also any Gerber supplier should be able ot get it rather quickly!