• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$1500 shaper origin handheld cnc router at the end of this month who's buying?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it's needing more funding to further it's research and development program and by sending your money in a year or more before delivery date is gonna do just that. It will be in their pockets and not in yours for at least a year. It sounds like a novel idea and might work in some instances, but until it is a done deal and ready to sell, I'd be a little leary of giving someone $1,500 with nothing in return, except you're in on the ground breaking floor.

Be careful..... if it quacks, it's a duck. :rolleyes:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
These guys have been up to a lot so I'm pretty confident they will ultimately be shipping these. Yes - it will still be a year. They have been busy though - if you go through their blog and other videos you will see a lot of R&D work on many aspects of the setup. They have also been to a bunch of trade shows with a mobile display setup to get further input and gather more interest. This one is much more than just 3D cad drawings on a crowdsourcing site.

aluminumwelder

yes I really do believe this company is legit. they have been working on this tool for years. I actually thought, I was going to get mine next month! lol, gotta read the fine print. It will be worth a years wait IMHO. I do have to be honest though, its a long time to wait.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So has GlowForge (3D Laser Cutter) and so has Elio... they are all legit but all these companies have been delaying and delaying.

This looks like a great tool and I sincerely hope it comes to market as I'll buy a retail unit but with all these crowd funded ideas there is a high failure rate.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Would be nice if they offer an upgrade to pull the control jacks out of the router and plug them directly into the employee.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I learned my lesson with that Nix paper weight. This looks like a great tool, but no way I would front that until it's actually released and has positive feedback.

neato

It does look like a great tool, I could see myself using something like this A LOT. But I'm with Moze, let the year pass, see if it's released, and maybe wait for some feedback from actual users.

I'm really hoping this one pans out though.

phototec

Not only do I think this is going to be a real product, I think it will change the CNC world and put CNC abilities in the hands of the average person, can't wait to see the Craftsman version at Sears, and I want one!

[video=youtube;_0clzXWSaCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0clzXWSaCw[/video]