• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

19th century Springfield Wagon Co. logo

Master's Touch

A friend of mine owns the rights to the original Springfield Wagon Company, and he wanted a letterhead design that was reflective of the company's heritage. This is the one color version I came up with for letterhead and trailer lettering...

SPRINGFIELD.jpg

Edit: I know I posted it wrong...HELP!

Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

SignosaurusRex

I like the direction taken however, IMHO, it fails in terms of the lack of recognition given to "The Old Reliable Since 1872" portion of the design. I would think that some greater recognition would be displayed for something of such importance.

Jillbeans

I don't care for the "wave" distortion in the header.
While waves were very common back in the day, and I love seeing them, I don't like that large-to-small computery-looking distortion.
There's a bit of a mix of eras in the fonts used, and there are too many display faces.
A simple Egyptian style would have worked wonders for this, also the font Tapeworm would have been more period correct for prioritizing your copy.
I also think the vector art panel is out of place.
What's also lacking is the odd use of a period at the end of a line of text like one used to see in old signs.
More research could have made this a stunning project.
Love....Jill

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Nice start, Especially with the cloud effect popular in that era. But...

It's way too strung out, try stacking 'Springfield' on top of 'Wagon Company'.

The eye does not flow easily over the whole thing. It's just four separate and visually unrelated objects: the name, 'old reliable...', 'manufacturer's of...', 'and 'road and farm...'. All sitting there waiting to be discovered.

Master's Touch

Thanks for the advice and comments...especially Jill's :) I wish I had posted the original letterhead that I was somewhat bound to. The layout is strung out and disconnected there, and I was sorta forced to follow that. That all said, I agree with most points. I just had a hoot playing with the period thing since it's not usually my forte'.