• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2-sided banner print?

BobCap

Print one side leaving extra substrate on both ends.

Wait untill it dries.

Flip it over, line up the start, print second side.

Done.

I'm not being a smart ***. I do it that way all the time...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

Mosh

print two banners...way easier, and the time you save from messing up two or three will far outweigh the extra banner material for the second banner. BTW, two sided banners require blockout material...so unless you have some of that printing on both sides of normal 14oz material will look horrible...

2B

Wait untill it dries.

Done.

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

make sure of this, otherwise a royal PITA

michsanford

Wait untill it dries.

Done.

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN
Too funny!!!!

I am trying now...we shall see!!!!!!!!!

michsanford

print two banners...way easier, and the time you save from messing up two or three will far outweigh the extra banner material for the second banner. BTW, two sided banners require blockout material...so unless you have some of that printing on both sides of normal 14oz material will look horrible...
Yep!!! It worked perfectly, except for the blockout part....

now I know! Thanks,

CanuckSigns

I'm printing one as I type this, here is the easiest way possible:

-print side 1 with "Margin Marks" in the corners at 0,0 offset
-let it dry a few hours
-take a thumbtack and poke a hole through the banner in corners of the 4 margin marks
- load back into the machine with the blank side up
-advance the media untill the tip if the plotter knife is directly over the first pin hole you made, set this exact location as your basepoint
-move the plotter knife over to the second pin mark and make sure it lines up and you are loaded into the machine nice and square
-print second side

all in it takes about 5 minutes and looks so much nicer than taping 2 separate banners together.

2B

-let it dry a few hours
-take a thumbtack and poke a hole through the banner in corners of the 4 margin marks
-advance the media untill the tip if the plotter knife is directly over the first pin hole you made, set this exact location as your basepoint
-move the plotter knife over to the second pin mark and make sure it lines up and you are loaded into the machine nice and square
-print second side

all in it takes about 5 minutes and looks so much nicer than taping 2 separate banners together.

NICE, thought we were the only ones who used the thumbtack trick

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
I USE A SHARPIE and mark the edge on both sides where i want to line up on the printer. i use the printer edge, usually, and works good!

LarryB

-let it dry a few hours
-print second side

Thanks for the tip. Any tips on rolling it up? Ink on ink is not too good with Roland.

LA Cameras

What I do is advance my material out to the front edge of the printer (exactly 7.5"), use the media clamps as guides for the sides and line them up so outer edge lines up to the outer edge of the material.

When I flip the material, I just line everything up again and if all is right with the world it should be square, no messing with pins and holes.

Of course build bleed into the print as it does skew or shift at times.