• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20-20 inks experiences?

southernsignguy

Has anyone tried 20-20 ink in their Roland? How did it perform? I see that they have an equipment warranty, but I'm wondering how hard they make it to actually file a claim. I need to save some $$$, but I'm nervous. . .

petepaz

i never used these inks but have used 3rd party inks with not such good results. do a search there are many threads on this and it always comes up that you really aren't saving all that much. ink is the least expensive part of the job. work on getting a better price for vinyl or lam

SignaramaFL

I have 20/20 in my Mimaki and have for a year now, they work wonderfully and I love them. No issues with clogs, or anything of the such.

sar bossier

I use 500ml Eco-Sol inks, purchased from GSG, and pay around 85.00/each for them. Have been using these for a little over a year, and LOVE EM! Getting an extra 60ml of ink, for a fairly inexpensive price is totally worth it to me, and I've had NO issues with colors or clogging since I started using them.

CS-SignSupply-TT

southernsignguy, selfish business man that I am, I would like to earn your ink business. Sar Bossier is using inks that we sell, but he is buying them from GSG (not a slam on him). Please contact me and i will be happy to help. By the way, 20/20 is Grimco's re-branding of the Eleven Ten (11/10) originally offered by Tekgraf, before their untimely demise.

d fleming

Nazdar is the manufacturer of the 11/10 and now 20/20 inks. Been using Nazdar inks and supplies for 30 years, from screenprinting now to digital inks for my seiko printer. Never a problem. Great company.

ChicagoGraphics

Nazdar is the manufacturer of the 11/10 and now 20/20 inks. Been using Nazdar inks and supplies for 30 years, from screenprinting now to digital inks for my seiko printer. Never a problem. Great company.

No Naz-Dar is not the manufacture of 20/20 inks, your thinking of Lyson inks.

Circleville Signs

I used 20-20 for the short time that Grimco offered it for Mutoh.

The ink itself was great. Printed well, had no problems with clogging, etc.

HOWEVER.....

The couldn't consistently provide working chip cards. Magenta was the worst. About 1 in 4 actually functioned properly. It was a nightmare. After about 2 months, Grimco discontinued carrying the product for Mutoh printers.

ChicagoGraphics

I use to use 20/20 inks in my Mimaki JV3 never had any problems with it, but the savings wasn't great at all on a per cartridge, so I went with a refillable bulk system using Durafos solvent ink, @ just $65.00 per liter now I'm saving money and the ink is the best I have used so far.

sar bossier

southernsignguy, selfish business man that I am, I would like to earn your ink business. Sar Bossier is using inks that we sell, but he is buying them from GSG (not a slam on him). Please contact me and i will be happy to help. By the way, 20/20 is Grimco's re-branding of the Eleven Ten (11/10) originally offered by Tekgraf, before their untimely demise.

(tongue in cheek ...) I am a SHE - I get the GSG inks ONLY because nobody I can find stocks 500ml, rather than 440ml - I LOVE the extra 60ml for basically the same (or cheaper) price.

CS-SignSupply-TT

GSG 500ml plug-n-play inks

(tongue in cheek ...) I am a SHE - I get the GSG inks ONLY because nobody I can find stocks 500ml, rather than 440ml - I LOVE the extra 60ml for basically the same (or cheaper) price.

MISS sar bossy-a (I know, it should be BO-sure city), you are the first customer I have heard strongly supporting the 500ml tanks. In fact, I believe GSG has the exclusive on the 500ml tanks. I am curious, what made you decide to go with 500ml tanks, rather BULK/CISS? :smile:

sfr table hockey

Has anyone tried 20-20 ink in their Roland? How did it perform? I see that they have an equipment warranty, but I'm wondering how hard they make it to actually file a claim. I need to save some $$$, but I'm nervous. . .

I used the 11/10 in my converted CJ 500 for my first ink. I did need to profile to get the right color. If you can't make profiles this may be an issue for you. The odor on the 11/10 was not bad at all, the ink seemed to bond well and not easily scratch. Overall I liked them. When they quit making them I had to switch.

I am trying Lyson 2000 ink now and am not sure that I like them as much. Right now the drain lines seem to crust up faster and I need to flush them more before running the printer. (older Roland does not have the auto clean cycle or I can't get it to work so it sits for a few days some times between use) If I knew the 20/20 would have been coming out back them I would not have switched inks.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
so what you are saying is that the Grimco 20/20 is not good?? Please clarify as I am thinking of using this ink. and is it made by Zazdar or Lyson?
I have been having issues with my HP FB750 heads clogging for a while now and I am recently finding out that HP knows their ink is bad and clogging heads!! ARgggg!!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm sure many people have had good experiences with 20/20 inks but as a company who sells parts and works on machines in the field, we have a policy that we won't work on a machine with 20/20 inks unless you want to convert to OEM or another 3rd party ink.