• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2010 Camaro something a little different

prime signs

I recently had a customer with a 2010 Camaro who wanted some graphics. She supplied a picture that her son created on the computer and she did not want to alter his design at all. I had to recreate the image in Flexi to scale. I wanted to share because you probably won't see many like it. Hope you like it.:smile:

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 90

Pinfinity

Just wanted to ask you if you use flexi for wrap designs, and why not photoshop. Just curious...graphics on the camero is kinda different. I have to say I like it! I know it's not your design, but it looks a little thick in certain areas. Nice install.. all cut vinyl?

prime signs

yes, all cut vinyl. I usally cringe when someone comes in with a relatives artwork and wants me to perform miracles to make it appealing. I have had good and bad experiences with them. The Camaro I was satisfied with digitally recreating the image and the installation. But i noticed while it was was in my shop, some people liked it and others did not. So I thought it would be interesting to see what other shops who deal with this sort of stuff think.Here is what I was given to work from.

Attachments

• 1103101533.jpg
    1103101533.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 98

prime signs

She only wanted it to be seen from the side and wanted nothing on the hood or trunk. My hands were tied on this one. The few subtle changes I had to make I had to get her approval first.

prime signs

Talked to the lady with the Camaro Yesterday. I aked her how everyone liked the job. She said everyone loved it and wanted to know were she had it done. She refused to tell them because she wants to start a automotive decal business for her son. So he gets the credit for the work. But she wants me to do the install work for whatever they bring in. I have never been in this situation before. Yes I'm glad she is happy with the job, but I'm a little confused since I dont get the credit. Whats your thoughts on this.

B-RAD Graphics

Unfortunetly you did just recreate his design...However u did pull it off for them. If you are getting enough for your time on recreating art and install it... It is what it is...

But I would not show the kid how to do it..
that will be the next thing..he will want to come work for you..learn it and ROLL...Been there done it....the ole..I can do it!! hes making a killen :thumb:

prime signs

Unfortunetly you did just recreate his design...However u did pull it off for them. If you are getting enough for your time on recreating art and install it... It is what it is...

But I would not show the kid how to do it..
that will be the next thing..he will want to come work for you..learn it and ROLL...Been there done it....the ole..I can do it!! hes making a killen :thumb:

Yes, I was already asked If I needed help in the shop.:banghead:

Eric H

So is he going to do all his "designs" in the video game like the one he sent you. "Sorry sir I can't do a design for your car it's not in Need for speed."

prime signs

So is he going to do all his "designs" in the video game like the one he sent you. "Sorry sir I can't do a design for your car it's not in Need for speed."

So are you saying he didn't design it? I am not video gamer. So I don't know one way or the other. I was told he designed it.

petesign

That's hilarious, I didn't notice it was from a video game either.
(lower right hand side - Cash: $20,000)

Mosh

All you need is a PS3 and a Cricut and BAM, you are in the car graphic biz!!!! I am going to see if my kid cam come up with that same car, I think she has that game....

Next time ask him for an eps version, or a file with the stripes only and see what happens.

Last edited: