• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2010 Camaro something a little different

gnatt66

i think there's an app coming. its called ivinyl. just screencap a game with your phone camera and sent to plotter! :banghead:

Joe Diaz

I actually Like it. I wouldn't do it to my car, but I don't think it looks bad. It is intense and that is what some people want. The bright yellow car was already in your face, the graphics just took it up a notch. I like my sports car graphics a little more subtle. I bet you it would look awesome if the car were black and the graphics where done in matte black.

Baz

I think it looks great! Even more on the supplied sketch which has some more effects and colors. Gives it a japanese animation look. Fantastic job on your part for recreating it.

Now i wouldn't worry to much about her son going into the business. He will soon find out that games are not what you should use to design vehicle graphics. It's ok for street racer themes but that has it's limitations. He will have to learn proper designing software.

And if he does get into it ... Does learn the software .. well, all power to him!

Eric H

It would look better on a riced out Civic with a gigantic spoiler, Camaro not so much. Nothing like having your kid design your new car he probably told her what color to buy too.

Mosh

I guarantee they are living in a trailerhouse and making car payments on that "poor man's Vette", afterall that is what the Camero was designed as.

prime signs

Actually she is self employed and fairly succesful at that. Not poor or in a trailer by any means. Corvette or Camaro they are very similar. When I sat in the Camaro it felt like a Vette. Neither one for me.

signmeup

It ignores every single bodyline on the car. It's more like the stuff manufacturers put on prototypes in late testing so car magazine "spys" can't get decent pictures before the new model launches. You can't tell it's a Camaro anymore. At least it can be peeled off.

prime signs

Thats how they earned the name "Lumber Wagons" because they road so rough. Not knocking your vette. The new ones are just not my taste I guess. although they are nice.

prime signs

Getting back to the thread, Has anyone ever had a experience like this when it comes to the job and who has the right for it's credit. The only thing that I have had come close to this, is a guy came to my shop looking for a job. He showed me his portfolio and several of the signs were ones that I painted. I pointed out one and told him I really liked it, especially since I was the one who painted it. He left never to be seen again.

CheapVehicleWrap

I'm not fond of vettes either. Even less and less fond the more Mosher brags about his. But the one that shows up next door owned by a cop with 1300hp IS pretty nice.

routierracing

I actually got started by editing "skins" on racing games at like 14. At 17 when I had my own car I used the same games for layout my graphics and then having a 3d model of what my car would look like. Laughable to some maybe but it was pretty damn effective. Like the kid I took the graphics to my decal guy and had him do recreate my design (It was actually my design though) My point is thats just how I discovered I wanted to be in the business and thats not such a bad thing.

In regards to seeing more competition. When I started with my first plotter at the same time was another teen here who did too. He pretty much got in the business looking for quick cash and got right back out when he realized there was a lot of hair pulling. Thats what usually happens to people who aren't as well prepared so dont get too worried.