• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2013 Walldogs Design

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I think the t-shirt will be the ultimate factor in this design. I personally thing the background grey should be more like a charcoal grey shirt color not so much ash grey. (help the copper color transition visually and let the colors pop as a whole)

I like the dog mask, I saw it as such almost instantly ... you have the big gaping eye holes and the string ... that is all i would do.

Joe Diaz

I think the t-shirt will be the ultimate factor in this design. I personally thing the background grey should be more like a charcoal grey shirt color not so much ash grey. (help the copper color transition visually and let the colors pop as a whole)

I like the dog mask, I saw it as such almost instantly ... you have the big gaping eye holes and the string ... that is all i would do.

I think the reason for the light grey rather than charcoal is because some of these sign painters and mural artists wear these while they paint, during the event and after. These events take place during some of the warmer days of the year. Dark shirts in the sun can be an issue for some, so typically these are light colored shirts. Most of the time white shirts. I personally thought light grey would be a nice change from white. Also, typically the event coordinators or organizers might also have different brightly colored shirts on during the event with something like "staff" on the back. So I'll have to rework the design on lime green, bright orange or yellow. But perhaps the design can be used on darker backgrounds for other promotional content, in which case you are right charcoal would look nice.

I think the design looks fantastic and the colors feel warm and inviting to me. The only thing I didn't get at first glance was the pink strap on the mask. I wondered what it was until I really took a good look. I don't think it's necessary and the black empty eye holes keyed me in to the fact that it was a mask before I thought about the severed head...yeah, severed head did cross my mind but only later and in a sort of "looks like it could be a severed head" way. But I still think it looks more like a mask. I would scale it up a bit though so it looks like it will fit the mass of the pig's head better.

The only thing I noticed that I didn't like are the bricks behind "dogs" that seem to cross paths. I think it just makes the design look a little rushed.

I also posted a four color t-shirt design today. Please tear it to shreds. I would love your input if you have any.