• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.22 caliber single shot tool.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
So, i have to install 100 signs on motor. mostly small signs, 10"x30" long. its going in a "section 8" housing area and am worried about vandals if i use screws..
could i use this tool? would i need to use something else so i will not damage the aluminum? its .040 gauge metal and don't want the finish to get marred.

i would assume i need to pre-drill the aluminum holes and hold the sign on the building and "Shoot" the fastener into the masonry....
thanks for your input!
mosher

MikePro

ummmm, NO

maybe for cast block, but mortar lines?!? heck no, you'll blow that thing out.
get a hammerdrill & security screws or rivots or use VHB tape & silicone.

nashvillesigns

the area where the signs are going would be over the front door, which has a white slab area. this is not the "motor" lines sandwiched between the brick...
-mosher

nashvillesigns

Screen shot 2013-09-16 at 9.56.55 AM.jpg see pic!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Take a .22 with you for safety and keep a few extra clips fully packed in your pocket.

You put in your quote that you are not responsible for vandalism or purposeful mischief after the signs are securely installed in place. There is no such thing as 'VANDAL PROOF'. If someone wants to remove something, they will do it regardless if in a Section 8 or anywhere else. Kids and nuts will do as they have been accustomed to and do whatever they want. That's not your problem. You are the sign maker and installer..... not the police.

John Butto

Should have use fiberglass panels, cannot get any money for those at the scrape metal yard.
And these are easy to use and are somewhat vandal proof, (nothing is vandal proof).
And good information on the .22 being in your pocket.

petepaz

Take a .22 with you for safety and keep a few extra clips fully packed in your pocket.

You put in your quote that you are not responsible for vandalism or purposeful mischief after the signs are securely installed in place. There is no such thing as 'VANDAL PROOF'. If someone wants to remove something, they will do it regardless if in a Section 8 or anywhere else. Kids and nuts will do as they have been accustomed to and do whatever they want. That's not your problem. You are the sign maker and installer..... not the police.

+1

Pat Whatley

I'd use the fasteners John showed. Those damn things SUCK to get out. Please don't use silicone. That stuff ruins the looks of buildings if the signs ever have to come down.

With 100 of them to install if you don't have a damn good hammer drill go rent one. Over the course of 400-600 holes it will pay for itself in the time you'll save.