• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2nd try

evie

Okay, I need and appreciate the input. How is this:

Attachments

• VAN5.jpg
    VAN5.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 76

sghobbies

Much better than the first. What if you lost the text on the front all together and maybe changed the top text to a different color?

evie

color

I have to have the text somewhere, it is a new product, and tagline, and they are anal about it. Here is a color change.

Attachments

• van6.jpg
    van6.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 57

Dan Antonelli

Watch your legibility on main copy. Your running red on red, and blue on red, and trying to use an outline and soft shadow to make it more legible. If you tried white or light grey, it would pop more. Same with the black lettering on the fender area. At night or dusk, it will all run together into the red background.

There doesn't seem to be much synergy with the can branding and your type you are using, so it feels a little disconnected.

If its a brand new product, I might try for bigger photography of can, and ditch the torn thing.

sghobbies

I went to their website. Seems their art/graphics are all over the place. Not much consistency. What does the client think? Have you shown them a draft?

megacab

i like the hand ripping thru the side of the van. i don't like the website address layout on the rear. can you change the red writing to a bright silver and see what it looks like?

jc1cell

Rip could be at a forward angle making the can diagonal. This may allow you to make it bigger and will definitely allow more space on the back end for some copy. Play around with the sizes of the can without being afraid to let it hang off the van (even if only to see how it compares to other options). I'm no guru or even a good apprentice at designing but I can tell you that, to me, the copy just doesn't sit right with the colors and gradients used. It looks like an after thought.

Also, the copy on the fender will go into the curve and become hard to read once installed. Forget about the heavy shadows and white outlines on the copy. Use colors from the can for some of the copy to maintain consistency. Incorporate some of that gold into the background or a box at the bottom of the van. Maybe put the web addy there.

BTW...not sure if it's me, but the can looks upside down.

Oh....and read my sig...so you can see my credentials....

jc

COOKY

I like it mate. Just a thought though, considering the can has the name on it allready why not make it like a third bigger and delete the name on the front to tidy it up abit. You could still use energy drink on there so people know what it is. You have some talent mate to take it from the first design and recreate it into this. Look forward to seeing pics of the final job.

Cooky

mikefine

I think you killed the original design and concept. It struck me right away, and I am surprised I am alone on this. The first design you did was far more interesting than the current. Go with your original inspiration. It is more alive.
I liked the distorted text -- and it worked with the hand popping out.
In design one, the can is in your face. Design two is just kind of there, like it is falling
out of the van -- not popping out of the van. My vote is go back to design one and tone down the other elements because they conflict with your main image.

MikePro

i like this newer version a LOT more! keep simplifying so the logo/product POPS!
also, take care on how you layout the door graphics... as on the reverse side you won't have the same canvas for left-justified text.

signmeup

Can you make the product spray out the back of the can like a rocket blast?
The blue fingers should be on top.
+1 for white text.