• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2nd Youtube Video

jkdbjj

Scott Reynolds

I got to 1:50 before I wanted to fast forward..

Maybe speeding up the work examples in the middle would help cut the time down a little. Looks nice for the most part. Scott

Oh ya, that's you at the beginning? You look different from your avatar. :Big Laugh

artbot

all i do is corporate and imo it's too fun. a commercial buyer is looking at four things between two meetings and won't want to wade through pizazzy transitions. all the real time typing and spinning graphics...it's very busy. also between the diagonally rotating slide show and the (kind of poor) three point angle install photos waiting, watching, and visually tracking the projects is exhausting. if corporate is what you want, this will scare them away. it needs to be clean sharp quick straight on photos and dialogue that stresses solutions and quick turn around and previous corporate clientele. i'm willing to guess that the person that edited this does a lot of wedding videos. sorry to be so harsh but if you paid a couple grand for this you need to ask the editor to quit "showing off" and get your message out cleaner. also, maybe add a short in shop interview with you. that allows the client to get to know the guy beyond the email or phone call.

like this

http://youtu.be/oosM-Bi5mgI

jkdbjj

all i do is corporate and imo it's too fun. a commercial buyer is looking at four things between two meetings and won't want to wade through pizazzy transitions. all the real time typing and spinning graphics...it's very busy. also between the diagonally rotating slide show and the (kind of poor) three point angle install photos waiting, watching, and visually tracking the projects is exhausting. if corporate is what you want, this will scare them away. it needs to be clean sharp quick straight on photos and dialogue that stresses solutions and quick turn around and previous corporate clientele. i'm willing to guess that the person that edited this does a lot of wedding videos. sorry to be so harsh but if you paid a couple grand for this you need to ask the editor to quit "showing off" and get your message out cleaner. also, maybe add a short in shop interview with you. that allows the client to get to know the guy beyond the email or phone call.

like this

http://youtu.be/oosM-Bi5mgI
Not harsh at all. I appreciate the input. I totally agree with you. Just needed someone to point it out.

Thanks!

Seems a little lengthy when it come to to the project gallery with empty audio and something about the woman's voice audio sounds funky, not sure if it's my speakers which I doubt but every time she finishes or starts a word with an "s" it hisses.

But I like the basic concept

anotherdog

Honestly the new one shouts expensive, and the woman seems to be dragging things out (is she on drugs?). You lost my attention at about 1 minute. I think your ideal is somwhere between the two. I'm a great beliver in people shots, having images of facilities and people turns a boring ad into a documentary. Definitly vote for an interview, or even you walking through showing your wares.

I love those hokey commercials where the owner is as stiff as a board reading q cards off camera.

Jack Knight1979

It started out strong, but the pauses are way too long and I was tired of the flashy transitions after the first time.

I lost interest after the LOOONNNGGG pause introducing vehicle wraps.

Great potential and professionally made. Just needs to be cleaned up a bit.

SignProPlus-Chip

Am I supposed to listen to it, or read it?

Seriously, its like closed captioning in the beginning.

I would have the voice overs while showing examples of that type of work. Mention vehicles graphics, and show a wrapped car, not the words "vehicle graphics" Then later you have little to no dialogue when showing examples of work. You need to combine these areas and streamline the whole thing.

Also +1 to what others have mentioned, the transitions are a huge distraction. If you want me to read that text, then stop doing things on screen to make my eyes blink or change focus. Too much dead air when showing the work samples too.

FYI - if your company name is "Visual Impact" I would expect more VISUAL IMPACT in a video like this.

i.e. If your business name is Awesome Burgers, you better be serving some awesome burgers.

jkdbjj

WOW... thanks everyone. I have the video down to less than 2 minutes now, and I too noticed the awful voice fluctuation, but wasn't sure if it was my PC speakers or not.

Looks like I still have work to do. I plan to do more videos, so once I get this hammered out. I will do one with a facility interview, and others with product demonstrations.

Anyway, just trying to be proactive and try new things here.

I'll upload the new revision when it is done.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
I cant see any of the videos but we used to do our own videos which took forever to edit and put together etc but then found a guy off craigslist that did the videos for $100 per minute and $25 for 15 seconds off of that. super professional and inexpensive all we had to do was hire a model and write scripts