• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3 days until inauguration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I happen to cite well funded sources that are considered institutions. You do realize that all of these papers have conservative writers on staff? They regularly report on various things. So my question for you is, who exactly should I trust? Where can I get "unbiased facts"? Am I supposed to trust the idiot bloggers that have no resources and are basing their articles on Facebook posts (this goes for both liberal and conservative)? Am I supposed to trust the ratings driven political talk shows? I don't have the time or resources to study everything that's going on in the world. I have to trust someone to feed me correct information. It's a necessity. It's a fundamental necessity in a first world country. You must have reliable sources for truth and information. Otherwise, we're simply screwed.

So I'm sticking with trusting reports from proven legitimate sources. If they get it wrong from time to time, I'll look foolish from time to time. That's better than looking foolish all the time because you refuse to actually educate yourself.

And to be very very clear, this is applicable to both liberals and conservatives. Anyone that turns their nose to facts is by definition an idiot. You're willfully making yourself an uninformed, ignorant individual and no one should find that acceptable. Frankly, I'm terrified by this movement of feelings = "facts" and facts =lies.

Who says I'm uninformed? I read many outlets with the same articles... I read all and believe none 100% in fact every single one of those papes multiple times throughout the election process printed the same stories with different headings and content based on the market they sold too, so what can you believe from any of these institutions?

C

ColoPrinthead

We really should just be happy and enjoy these last 2 days with our guns before Obama takes them away and imposes martial law.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Prime Example from a "institution", this shows how the media is biased and can't believed on stand alone merit. I chose this since its conservative and shows that belief in what someone is telling you is not always a good thing.

wsj-papers.jpg

rossmosh

Prime Example from a "institution", this shows how the media is biased and can't believed on stand alone merit. I chose this since its conservative and shows that belief in what someone is telling you is not always a good thing.

wsj-papers.jpg

Two Editions of 'Wall Street Journal' Bear Opposite Headlines About Trump : snopes.com
What's the difference in effect between the two WSJ headlines: 'Trump Softens His Tone' and 'Trump Talks Tough on Wall'? - Quora

But again, let's not let facts get in the way of a good Facebook conspiracy. And for those two lazy to read: It's two different editions of the paper. If you actually examine it closely, a lot of the article has changed. It's likely due to developments that were made after one edition was released so the reworked the story but didn't want to setup another photo to print.
Looks like someone is a CLOSET Trump supporter.

Presidential debate...let's hear your thoughts Way to prove your point by lying and misleading.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Those editions are hours apart Early morning and Late morning release. So you mean to tell me that in a couple hours they discovered their egregious error, fixed it and rush it to print? Or is the most likely scenario, we can't delay the presses lets run with it then fix it in the second run and hope no one notices?

Point of the fact is their only effort is to protect themselves... they don't care what is printed, read, or released as factual reporting this all comes down to the writers bias and the editors quest for most viewership.

WildWestDesigns

They show this little clip, then that one......Neither have anything to do with each other, yet somehow they can convince you that they did.

That right there is why news reporting is dead.

There should be no convincing from a news outlet. Only reporting the news for us to make our own conclusions. Once they started to try to convince a certain way over the other, they stopped actually reporting.

I remember when I heard about some of the members of the influential NY Times had been "hacked". A news agency shouldn't be influential.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Two Editions of 'Wall Street Journal' Bear Opposite Headlines About Trump : snopes.com
What's the difference in effect between the two WSJ headlines: 'Trump Softens His Tone' and 'Trump Talks Tough on Wall'? - Quora

But again, let's not let facts get in the way of a good Facebook conspiracy. And for those two lazy to read: It's two different editions of the paper. If you actually examine it closely, a lot of the article has changed. It's likely due to developments that were made after one edition was released so the reworked the story but didn't want to setup another photo to print.

Presidential debate...let's hear your thoughts Way to prove your point by lying and misleading.
I was trying to figure out the subliminal political message of the difference between the graphic of Gene Kelly doing a jumping split and the photo of a shoe.

wayne k
guam usa

decalman

The club that controls the banking, will probably crash the economy throwing the nation into a major major crisis, then they will, of course...Blame it on Trump. Then they'll probably broadside us with a national Sunday law while they're at it. Then whach out for Mr. 666, he's gonna getcha.

phototec

We really should just be happy and enjoy these last 2 days with our guns before Obama takes them away and imposes martial law.

That's funny you mention that, I have heard this before. He may just pull something like that and become a dick-tater.... However they will have a little fight on their hands here in Texas as we have almost a million CHL holders, and most of us have long gus also.

player

On a lighter note I heard Canada's lumber industry is preparing to switch from supplying the USA to supplying China. China will buy all the lumber Canada can produce. Trump's team has stated they will slap Canada with a new big fat lumber tariff ASAP. Canada is the USA's largest trading partner, both buying and selling. Could be a sign of what's going to happen in all industries and countries around the world...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
On a lighter note I heard Canada's lumber industry is preparing to switch from supplying the USA to supplying China. China will buy all the lumber Canada can produce. Trump's team has stated they will slap Canada with a new big fat lumber tariff ASAP. Canada is the USA's largest trading partner, both buying and selling. Could be a sign of what's going to happen in all industries and countries around the world...
This conflict has been going on since the 1980s. It's been back & forth and each country has its valid points, but it still continues. Some things just never change, huh ??

ddarlak

Go Bills!
If Dump really starts trade wars our cost of living will skyrocket. it will basically be a tax on low and middle income. the rich ($400,000 a year income) will benefit from his cuts and the rest of us will pay...

I really don't give a chit, it's only money, but i can't wait to see the faces of the backa$$-hick-tards who voted for him when he does the opposite he said he would....

Johnny Best

If Dump really starts trade wars our cost of living will skyrocket. it will basically be a tax on low and middle income. the rich ($400,000 a year income) will benefit from his cuts and the rest of us will pay...

I really don't give a chit, it's only money, but i can't wait to see the faces of the backa$$-hick-tards who voted for him when he does the opposite he said he would....

Yea, like your Democratic governor of NewYork just came out with tax hikes and higher fees in his 2017 budget. "It's only money".

ThatGuy

Well ..... I am a Deplorable, a sum b**** and a real muther ******. And NOW I am a "backa$$-hick-tards." I guess I need to update my resume.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well ..... I am a Deplorable, a sum b**** and a real muther ******. And NOW I am a "backa$$-hick-tards." I guess I need to update my resume.

Nah, just ignore dumbness..... like that guy Forrest once said...... stupid is as stupid does. Just consider the source.

player

This conflict has been going on since the 1980s. It's been back & forth and each country has its valid points, but it still continues. Some things just never change, huh ??

The difference is this time the Canadian lumbermen are able to sell all they have without the USA at all. Before the USA would hold them over a barrel and make demands and add charges etc. But now China (and I am sure many other countries) are happy to do business with Canada, cutting out the USA completely. They are way ahead of the squeeze. If the USA plays any games they are not going to deal with them, and this will not effect their business in any way. So in 10 days, the USA will lose all the Canadian lumber that is currently being supplied. And there is a lot of it.

Johnny Best

Or he is a Lumberman on his spare time.
Forrest Gump was named after a Civil war hero, Nathan Bedford Forrest, and thats all I have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.