• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3 month Box Truck Graphics

SDSignGuy

Got a job where a box truck will be used as a mobile billboard. The contracts would last up to 3 months and then the graphics will be removed/replaced with new ads. My question is what is a good cheap material and lamination that would really last the allotted time frame without too much degrade and without having to put up control tac that will kill the margin. Thanks for your input.

if its only going up for 3 months max then you can get cheap cal material which is rated for 3-4 years out doors but, is real cheap, same with cheap lam.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Skip the wrap and build a rail mount system and use banner.... I outfitted my former employers box trucks with a rail system and sliding mounts for less than $200, and then printed a banner for each side. All-in-all total cost was ~$600 initially then $350 every change out.

njshorts

Banner is a good idea, also busmark or solvex unlaminated... Banner is a bit expensive overall, but looks better.

If you need some ideas or wholesale quotes, feel free to send us a message.

shakey0818

Skip the wrap and build a rail mount system and use banner.... I outfitted my former employers box trucks with a rail system and sliding mounts for less than $200, and then printed a banner for each side. All-in-all total cost was ~$600 initially then $350 every change out.
got any picts

Christian @ 2CT Media

The downside to truckads is they aren't cost effective. $500 for a single side frame kit and $300 for prints per side just doesn't make sense for small companies with many graphic change outs.

gnemmas

If you client might drive the truck, Do Not use "bannertrack".

Use these frame instead. Cost about $6 a linear foot.

Attachments

• Truck Frames 1.jpg
    Truck Frames 1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Truck Frames 2.jpg
    Truck Frames 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 118

ucmj22

the two vinyls i named earlier are only about .30 a square unlaminated, and are meant for short term wraps.

Christian @ 2CT Media

But you have hours of labor to factor for every removal and installation, you can get banner material for $0.20 sq ft and remove/replace in 20mins or less.

MrDesignGuy

:thumb: +1