Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 yr old 1204 VJ, just started to do this please check out these photos!!

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by os101king, May 11, 2009.

1. os101king

os101king Active Member

Switched out to Eleven ten a while back, not sure if this has anything to do with it. Got some screwy banding in last week's run of printing, and the last three or four things I've run have this bleeding out of the cyan that I can't figure out. Any help/advice/suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    You got no pics man.......................

3. os101king

os101king Active Member

I always forget how to do the photo posting at first. It's a process black.. I'm going to run a few non-process right now to see if it happens without any cyan in the print.

[​IMG]

4. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    You have a fur ball or fuzz on the print head...........

5. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I've been unsuccessful in getting my 1204 to print just black.

We recently had to replace the printhead on ours because Cyan was clogged so badly that it ruined every color except Red.

6. os101king

os101king Active Member

Just ran a test with six colors.. got MASSIVE bleeding and shadow printing on pure CYAN and the 100% black, none on yellow, none on pure magenta and some on green and purple.....

7. os101king

os101king Active Member

deleted by user. no good can come of this.

8. os101king

os101king Active Member

now you say clogged, so you weren't getting cyan out of the printhead? or was there some other effect??

oh and yes, the heads are clean on the outside.

9. os101king

os101king Active Member

Still trying to upload more photos... this wonderful software on here does it for me one time, then uploads nothing the next fifteen times I try... nope, followed the "upload photos" link, attached the photo.. added some details... hit submit.. server says "upload successful" then NOTHING. Over and over again. I'm using Firefox and yes the latest version. I run into this problem on here CONSTANTLY. Oh well, guess I'm sol.

10. SE SignSupply

SE SignSupply Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Apex, NC
    Lets start from the beginning:

How does the nozzle check look?
    High or low head hight?
    What media/profile?

11. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Here's a pic of the final straw for us before we ordered a new print head. It started innocently enough, a missing nozzle here and there. A couple of thorough cleaning sessions, no luck... we live with it for awhile, as it's not affecting our prints / customers so badly that we cannot continue to work. Do lots of large stuff, banners and whatnots that get seen far away.

Then it gets worse, we start losing the ability to print colors that contain Cyan. So, we had no choice, buy a new print head. $1200 later, we have a new machine!

Attached Files:

12. os101king

os101king Active Member

Ok. Nozzle check is 100%. Cyan seems totally contained in the tiny lines, no bleeding.

High head height. although I just ran another series of tests and it seems it's greatly decreased with low head height. could this just be a sign of impending doom? I've mistakenly printed on 3 mil and under vinyl with the head set to high, and never encountered this issue.

Tried five or six diff profiles, using an Oracal 3551 with the Mutoh All-In-One profile provided with the printer. 720x720, heater set to 45-45-45, LX diffusion, Graphics 1 settting.

So I guess my question has changed. I think I can get away with printing at low for the time being (little worried about running banners at low..) with the way all these tests look. guess I'm guilty of jumping to conclusions, but hopefully I've uncovered a wear fault BEFORE it's completely ready to give out. At least that's what I'm assuming.

13. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    The easy way to display photos in your thread posts is a link down below where you type and below the submit button. It's called "manage attachments".

Presto!!!!!

14. justanothersignguy

justanothersignguy New Member

Jan 29, 2009
  15. kstompaint

kstompaint Active Member

Where did you get a printhead for $1200?

16. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Fieldcenterusa.com

He's the guy on here with the J-Star ink.

Yes, it's an actual Epson DX5 Print Head... not a knock-off / import.