• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3 yr old 1204 VJ, just started to do this please check out these photos!!

os101king

Switched out to Eleven ten a while back, not sure if this has anything to do with it. Got some screwy banding in last week's run of printing, and the last three or four things I've run have this bleeding out of the cyan that I can't figure out. Any help/advice/suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks

showphoto.php

img%5D

PRINTER_ERROR_2.JPG

PRINTER_ERROR.JPG

os101king

I always forget how to do the photo posting at first. It's a process black.. I'm going to run a few non-process right now to see if it happens without any cyan in the print.

PRINTER_ERROR_3.jpg

Biker Scout

I've been unsuccessful in getting my 1204 to print just black.

We recently had to replace the printhead on ours because Cyan was clogged so badly that it ruined every color except Red.

os101king

Just ran a test with six colors.. got MASSIVE bleeding and shadow printing on pure CYAN and the 100% black, none on yellow, none on pure magenta and some on green and purple.....

os101king

I've been unsuccessful in getting my 1204 to print just black.

We recently had to replace the printhead on ours because Cyan was clogged so badly that it ruined every color except Red.

now you say clogged, so you weren't getting cyan out of the printhead? or was there some other effect??

oh and yes, the heads are clean on the outside.

os101king

Still trying to upload more photos... this wonderful software on here does it for me one time, then uploads nothing the next fifteen times I try... nope, followed the "upload photos" link, attached the photo.. added some details... hit submit.. server says "upload successful" then NOTHING. Over and over again. I'm using Firefox and yes the latest version. I run into this problem on here CONSTANTLY. Oh well, guess I'm sol.

Biker Scout

Here's a pic of the final straw for us before we ordered a new print head. It started innocently enough, a missing nozzle here and there. A couple of thorough cleaning sessions, no luck... we live with it for awhile, as it's not affecting our prints / customers so badly that we cannot continue to work. Do lots of large stuff, banners and whatnots that get seen far away.

Then it gets worse, we start losing the ability to print colors that contain Cyan. So, we had no choice, buy a new print head. $1200 later, we have a new machine!

Attachments

• Clogged Nozzles.JPG
    Clogged Nozzles.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 77

os101king

Lets start from the beginning:

How does the nozzle check look?
High or low head hight?
What media/profile?

Ok. Nozzle check is 100%. Cyan seems totally contained in the tiny lines, no bleeding.

High head height. although I just ran another series of tests and it seems it's greatly decreased with low head height. could this just be a sign of impending doom? I've mistakenly printed on 3 mil and under vinyl with the head set to high, and never encountered this issue.

Tried five or six diff profiles, using an Oracal 3551 with the Mutoh All-In-One profile provided with the printer. 720x720, heater set to 45-45-45, LX diffusion, Graphics 1 settting.

So I guess my question has changed. I think I can get away with printing at low for the time being (little worried about running banners at low..) with the way all these tests look. guess I'm guilty of jumping to conclusions, but hopefully I've uncovered a wear fault BEFORE it's completely ready to give out. At least that's what I'm assuming.

Border

Still trying to upload more photos... this wonderful software on here does it for me one time, then uploads nothing the next fifteen times I try... nope, followed the "upload photos" link, attached the photo.. added some details... hit submit.. server says "upload successful" then NOTHING. Over and over again. I'm using Firefox and yes the latest version. I run into this problem on here CONSTANTLY. Oh well, guess I'm sol.

The easy way to display photos in your thread posts is a link down below where you type and below the submit button. It's called "manage attachments".

Presto!!!!!

Biker Scout

Fieldcenterusa.com

He's the guy on here with the J-Star ink.

Yes, it's an actual Epson DX5 Print Head... not a knock-off / import.