• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Electrocut - this stuff is fantastic!!!

gabagoo

I fluked into finding out about this vinyl when another shop lent me some sandstone.

I was cutting a ton of pretty small letters upper and lower case for a rental car agency and the weeding, using traditional paper backed 2ml 3M was almost untolerable.

This vinyl can be cut with more downforce with no fear of the vinyl lifting the backing paper and the weeding.... Oh the weeding is like nothing I have ever experienced.....

So anyways.... I ordered the stuff for myself and even though it is a custom order and can take 2 -3 weeks to come in, the wait is well worth it.

Now here is the great part.... I pay less for this than the paper backed 220.....go figure...... so I started to think why not stock it in black and white as I always need it and use it for all my vehicle stuff and any small or intricate cut graphics. I ordered 2- 50 yard rolls. I should probably order a ton more before they figure out the error of their ways!!! :thumb:

jayhawksigns

Nice, but with as much as 3M has been jacking up their prices we switched to Oracal for 90% of our cut vinyl.

I do admit though, that the clear backed vinyl is very nice to use.

rjssigns

Welcome to the ElectroCut Club. It costs more per roll, but we make it up in speed and zero waste. When we cut for wind surf sails it is our go to since it is impervious to moisture. The stickers get installed at the beach at the last minute. Kraft backed would be a disaster in that environment. It also works great for manic weeding of small text. I grab a corner pull it back at 180 and down at 45 as fast as I can. Almost never lose a thing. My wife laughs every time.

gabagoo

...and this vinyl prints great in both the Edge and our Mimaki!!!!

I would put 3M up against any other MFG and be confident that it beats them all in durability

Bill Modzel

It's been my go to vinyl for the Edge for many years. You can cut some obscenely small stuff on it. This week was the first time I loaded in my HP9000s for some small decals and it printed beautifully.

natedawg9640

i fail to understand how some of you are even in business. lol. No offense obviously, but some of the things that are standard and staples in the region around here are sometimes completely unheard of. what the heck have you all been using?

Slamboni

We are having a hard time with this material due to bubbles and dust showing up beneath it on reflective sheeting. We are trying to make 30 inch stop signs and we have tried wet application, center hinging, and using a laminator roller to apply and there are imperfections every time. Does anyone have any reccommendations? we are getting more and more obsessive about dust in the shop and we are about to start havign to wear hairnets. It seems this stuff is so staticy clingy that the more time the adhesive is exposed, the more it just pulls filth from the air.

Graphics2u

We are having a hard time with this material due to bubbles and dust showing up beneath it on reflective sheeting. We are trying to make 30 inch stop signs and we have tried wet application, center hinging, and using a laminator roller to apply and there are imperfections every time. Does anyone have any reccommendations? we are getting more and more obsessive about dust in the shop and we are about to start havign to wear hairnets. It seems this stuff is so staticy clingy that the more time the adhesive is exposed, the more it just pulls filth from the air.
It is very staticy (if that is a word) But before I printed so many things, this is what I used almost exclusively.