• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M / Original Wraps update.

John Butto

..fortheendof2012

Karl Marx: According to Marx capitalists take advantage of the difference between the labour market and the market for whatever commodity the capitalist can produce. Marx observed that in practically every successful industry input unit-costs are lower than output unit-prices.

HulkSmash

Business owners do not want to spend for advertising. I will bet anyone 20 bucks and give them 2 hours to go out an find 5 full wraps in my town. The 3 other shops that did their trucks don't count.
So getting the first 70 squares free or dirt cheap will be "all she wrote" for this market.

as sad as it is, this is true.

mudmedia

We received a couple installation request from a printing company for Original wraps so I would assume that local printer rule is out of the question.

I am still asking the same question I have always been, Why can I not print it? In the request / quote you send it says the materials used. I have used the same stuff until you started competing with me 3M now I will never stock another 3M product again.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I've recently wrapped 2 cargo vans and 2 NV High Top vans for a customer...that had the 2 dealerships FINANCE the wraps into the price of the vehicles. The dealers cut me the checks.
I'm glad it's an existing customer...because there's no way I'd give the art files to another company to try and match their existing fleet.
I have to say...it was a win for all 3 parties involved.

HulkSmash

I've recently wrapped 2 cargo vans and 2 NV High Top vans for a customer...that had the 2 dealerships FINANCE the wraps into the price of the vehicles. The dealers cut me the checks.
I'm glad it's an existing customer...because there's no way I'd give the art files to another company to try and match their existing fleet.
I have to say...it was a win for all 3 parties involved.

If you don't mind me asking did you make the price? Or was it "assigned"

and yes you were lucky to have them as an existing company. Did they request you?

C

ColoPrinthead

Thought you might enjoy this, Colorado
picture.php

C

ColoPrinthead

The sad thing is I still have a few rolls I missed. 3M seems to be herpes of my warehouse.

mudmedia

I wish Avery provided a decent laminate. I have no luck with their laminate and do not really want to be running a different manufacture lam than vinyl even though I enjoy working with 290 from oracal.

I do like the low tac of Avery's supercast but scares me sometimes.

CheapVehicleWrap

I wish Avery provided a decent laminate. I have no luck with their laminate and do not really want to be running a different manufacture lam than vinyl even though I enjoy working with 290 from oracal.

I do like the low tac of Avery's supercast but scares me sometimes.

Agreed.

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Avery has a new laminate now (even has "NEW" stickers on the box)....perfect gloss finish, synthetic liner, optically clear ect ect....PERFECT! Their lam was my only issue, and now I am 110% happy with them.

Avery is super low tac.....so I squeegee a bit harder and post heat (with a huge torch). The post heat takes 15-20 minutes, but due to the ease of installation I save 1-2 hours on install time.

For anyone with past issues with Avery.....its worth a try, the product is amazing. I wasnt involved with the problems of the past, but every encounter I have with their staff now is excellent. They sent me 60"x75' roll of black wrapping material to try (which was great as well) on the house.

I could blab on and on haha simply put, Avery stuff is worth checking out (if you can get over their mistakes of the past)

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
BTW, what "bad luck" did you have with the lam? The cloudiness im assuming (since it was an issue)....but was it something else?

Mosh

Sucks to be a shop depending on thier yellow page add...Seriously! If you are a shop with a good rep, what are you worried about? BTW we TURN DOWN 4 out of 5 wrap jobs that call us....

Mosh

I am sorry...99 of a hundred jobs if you count all the guys coming in that watch too much "Fast N Loud" and the first sentence is "It is just a sticker" emuff said!

phototec

Certain 3M products are just unmatched or unbeatable, such as their premask and frosted crystal....but any chance I get I buy Oracal, Avery, or anything else.

I don't agree with what they're doing regardless of any excuse or bs explanation they give....and I'll do what I can to support their competitors who have more ethical business practices.

:goodpost:

Pat, very well stated and I agree with you 1000%

I will also do what I can to support their competitors who have more ethical business practices!

:thumb:

Attachments

• No 3M.jpg
    No 3M.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 76