• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M.... scratching my head on this one.

OhioSigns

So, I ordered a roll of 36" perforated vinyl and it just came today. The box looked a little long but had 2 labels and both indicated it was a 36" roll. Open it up and sure enough it's a 54" roll...... someone at 3M must not be able to read a tape measure. lol

upload_2019-11-29_10-50-7.png

upload_2019-11-29_10-50-22.png

upload_2019-11-29_10-50-29.png

OhioSigns

Did they only charge you for 36"? I'd say you got a good deal.... unless of course you don't have a 54" printer!
Nope, paid for a 36" roll. Looks like a screw-up from 3M and not my supplier. 3M labels all indicate a 36" roll. Label inside the roll has the same lot and roll number as the label on the box too.... so not really sure how they did this. Luckily my printer is wide enough to run it through, just didn't need a roll that size for the job that this will be used for. Good thing I got it and not the guy with a 3' printer saying how the hell am I going to print this. lol

Malkin

I once ordered (and paid exactly for) a 48" x 10YD roll of a 3M 180c color. Box was labeled for what I ordered, like above is. Inside was 50 yards of the correct color.
Luckily the client turned into one of our best and I only ordered 50 yards since then.
Considering all the blemishes and splices we've dealt with over the years, I decided not to send it back...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We ordered 4 rolls of 54" IJ35c - got 3 rolls of the IJ35 and one IJ180c-v3. We sent the 180 back (local 3M distributor).