• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M VHB Tape Madness

Custom_Grafx

So, it's great having so many tapes to choose from for so many different applications.

Am I alone when I read through pages of product sheets for VHB tape and feel that almost all of them overlap each other and are essentially the same thing?

Am I alone when I ask myself... what is the difference between these two tapes apart from the product code?

Why do they do this and more importantly, is there a rock solid industry standard that is used? Or does everyone just go with what their supplier suggests (the one they need to get rid of that month)?

EDIT: Adding - For clear, I use 4910 and for the grey I use 4941. So far I've had no problems with either - so I just intend on sticking to both for the sake of consistency. But every now and then, you look for something better for the sake of improvement etc - I noticed now something called VHB RP... I have no experience with this - anyone?

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

I don't know any actual specs but I can tell you that after a couple of weeks the gray stuff takes on supernatural sticking powers.