• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

40c with 8048 lam failing

klingsdesigns

doing hundreds of vehicle wraps every year for the last 10 years. There is no one on earth who would change my mind: every single vinyl will turn or twist. unless if you don't tighten them up enough then it won't but the screw could come lose. The more you turn the more it will twist. You could put washers with rubber or silicon on 1 side. Even that will turn if you tighten the screw way to much. Well. At least i did half a decade ago when i tried it.
I guess i am more worried about the seams lifting then the twisting around the screws.

TimToad

I've been going over the rivets... is that the wrong way??

Unless you're using cast wrap, most media won't fully conform to the higher profile rivets or screws in this case. Depending on the competition in one's area, the local pricing and longevity expectations can dictate whether or not one uses cast or calendared media.

When we remove the screws, we always dab the holes with 94 Primer with the tip of a swab in case the manufacturer laid down a bead of silicone under the panel seams. We also use a drill with a clutch and not an impact driver to put the screws back in so we can adjust the torque to the perfect amount to not twist the media.