• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$4500 CNC....even cuts concrete

artbot

very nice design. unfortunately, for this guy, not something that won't be imitated easily.

visual800

frequently asked questions:

Q: What stops others from operating this same machine in my area?

A: We do not discriminate against anyone hoping to own thier own business using the Concrete Printer. We just recommend you to be the first in your area to get a jump on the competition!

I like that! Someone obviously tought this was a "franchise" machine and once you bought you had terroritory! cool idea, simple machine. warranty sucks 1 year only. and what keep sit from jumping around while running

Techman

sand blasting is not the same. This machine grinds away material and leaves very little clean up. We all know what sandblast leaves.

A mold is good but this machine is for concrete already in place or for large areas. High end users are pouring full slabs then staining the cement bright colors. Then come back with a some cement grinding machine to simulate tile or marble.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
This is interesting but wouldn't this be a trip hazard? And that would be a serious issue for most business owners.

It would be cool if you could fill it with epoxy or paint and make it smooth again. Is that possible? How much skill/time would be required to add that step? At least the trip hazard would be minimized if not eliminated.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Can it be mounted vertically?
This would be awesome on tilt up building construction.

One of the FAQ's was your question.

Q: Does it do walls or vertical surfaces?

A: The Concrete Printer will cut any vertical surface up to 45 degrees and a Concrete Wall Printer is in the development stages.

10sacer

Looks like an MIT or DARPA research project, but it seems to work pretty well. I, too, womder what keeps it from jumping around, though. I had actually thought of a robot like one of those Roomba vacuums that had a router head that you could use to cut out up to 1/4" pvc with camera registration...

Justin

Hmm.. I think I would like one of these.. However, I'd bet you could make one cheaper than 4,500.. If someone knew how it worked I bet its prob more like $500.00

I was watching the videos.. Hmm.. It seems like you could just use a regular cutter/plotter, but with a different head, maybe more like a drill bit head, and/or carriage.....

rjssigns

And what happens when the computer program freaks out and ruins the job?
No simple fix to have it match and look good unless it is brand new 'crete.
Then deal with the store owner and tell him he can't use his front door for a couple days cuz you F'ed up. Good times.
Funny how they never mention that.