• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

46" lcd flatscreen for a monitor?

Ok so what does it take to hook on of these up and get the full potential? any special hardware?

Attachments

• tv2.jpg
    tv2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 123
  • tv3.jpg
    tv3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 108
  • tv1.jpg
    tv1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 111

SignManiac

Do like I just did, three 22" wide screens side by side for a total of 66" wide viewing area!

Sorry but not sure about your set up.

P

ProWraps™

it has an hdmi input. so if you have hdmi on your vid card, just hook it up. or you can use the standard rgb, but it would be a waste.

SignBurst PCs

depends on what kind of video card you have... if you have a HDMI output on your video card, you are good to go. If you have DVI, you can get a DVI-HDMI adapter.

P

ProWraps™

it should. thats a low res for your card. you should have no problems.

sarge

ok .. now i will ask a tech question .. and i realize there are allot of different opinions .. I currently use a samsung 22" monitor and i am not sure of the video card but it does digital and analog signals and if i recall it had a 2 gig processor .. i have been getting along just fine but .. i do understand the deal about putting the tools on 1 screen and the image on the other and how is will save time . ok my question is .. why 2 vrs 3 monitors and what video cards are reasonable and what monitors .. this one i have now i really like and so does everyone who sees it .. i am not a game player .. i just like to work and sometimes chat online and of coarse surf the web when needed .. i know i sound like a newbe .. but if you dont know how do ya find out what the real deal is

TShirtJohn

I just got a new mac pro and hooked it upto my 40" Samsung 1080p via DVi to HDMi

Sweet results and straight and simple really

SignBurst PCs

i use Display Fusion to stretch the desktop wallpaper onto both screens, i got my wallpaper off of istockphoto.com

i also made my 2 desktop icon to match the wallpaper so as to hide the icons, for the clean look. you can see them to the far right.

http://www.binaryfortress.com/displayfusion/

Why do you use "Display Fusion"? You should be able to stretch it without any special software. What are the advantages of using it?

SuperSignsMP

Attachments

• m_5782fa8546ac72e4c558b3ffa68d5b5e.jpg
    m_5782fa8546ac72e4c558b3ffa68d5b5e.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 97

Letterbox Mike

I know some guys have larger, but I have a 30" dell and I couldn't really imagine having a larger monitor than that. it seems to be a perfect size, everything is proportional and within easy site, but I'd think you'd have to be looking all over the place and moving your head around on anything larger.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't even 1080p monitors have a fairly low resolution compared to larger computer monitors? My 30" resolution is 1600x2860, the resolution of 1080p is 1920x1080, almost 50% fewer pixels. So wouldn't that mean that while the screen is substantially larger, there will either be lost detail or clarity or what is actually displayed will just be magnified (a 1" tall icon on my screen would be 2" tall but lower quality on a HDTV screen)?