• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48"x30" Magnet on a Van

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I forget who, but 36" & 48" magnetic was available many years ago. Only reason I know this is... we had bought some. This was back in the 80's. Like mentioned, I've heard 40" stock is now available again for wide format printing. That's gonna be some magnetic. why wouldn't you just letter the vehicle direct ??

We never make magnets up without seeing the vehicle in person first. You can't relay on a customer to give you proper measurements.

gnemmas

Sometimes people will use mags on parked vehicles, then if the mags have enough steel around the window will stay. The largest we've done is 24" x 118" for a parked van. I sympathize with the girl that have to put it up & take it down.

The window well on Econoline or Chevy Express van can contain 22" x46" mags. These are OK to drive around.

If they have zoning laws that say they can't have a commercial vehicle parked at home overnight, I have a better and safer suggestion. Letter the vehicle directly so there is no danger of these big magnets flying off when the vehicle is at speed. Then sell them some blank magnets to cover the lettering at night. You can even cut them in smaller pieces so they're easier to handle when applying and removing.

Jillbeans

I saw this van late yesterday afternoon (bad cell phone pic)
The mags were as big as the side panels, and you can see the buckling of the left back magnet.

Attachments

• 0225111733a.jpg
    0225111733a.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 87

saktrnch

Why don't you quote her on a magnetic wrap ??

Thanks..... now I can't get Peter, Paul and Mary outa my head. Aw cripes...... now I'm hearing the Lettermen. :frustrated:

Pretty funny, the Soggy Bottom Boys were singing I'm a man of constant sorrows when I read this.

"Deposit Please"

I would find out yr, make and model and if its an extended, does it have windows, where will the mag be placed etc.. Then educate him/her

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
I am shocked no one mentioned keeping the van and magnet clean. Whether they keep it on for weeks or remove it daily they can't just apply it all willy-nilly. Not to mention if they chuck it in the garage between uses and it gets to be a mess it'll be off before they hit 50mph.

We are from up north so winter roadgrime is a big issue for magnets. Myabe this doesn't apply to you but magnetic signs get lost here pretty regularly.

Hope it helps.

rfulford

Well it turned out to be a 2009 Ford Econoline 250. Looking at my templates, it appears that most of these have about 23" of flat area without any grooves I can use on the sides. I am going to recommend to drop the height down to 22" and let the width fall. Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

For those that were curious about the oversize magnet, I happen to have 3 rolls of 40" .030 Magnet that I stocked for a former client. Its new from the factory and I have no idea what I am going to do with it. Besides this one magnet that is. I purchased it through Tubelite. I do not remember the Manufacturer off the top of my head. Pro Mag perhaps? Ill post the info when I get back to the shop.