Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

 


  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4K monitor compatibility

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by IsItFasst, Jan 7, 2020.

  1. IsItFasst

    IsItFasst Member

    320
    8
    18
    Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    Not a huge deal but noticed today that if I drag and drop a color onto my workspace it doesn't work. I have to drag it off the workspace in order to get it to work. It is like my mouse is several inches off from where it should be when dragging and dropping colors. Normal dragging and dropping works just fine so far on everything else. This started happening after upgrading to monitors that have a 3840x2160 resolution. Anyone else notice any glitches like this when running extremely high resolution monitors?
     
    Tags:
  2. OADesign

    OADesign Active Member

    786
    51
    28
    Jan 27, 2006
    California
    Known issue with Flexi and large monitors. I never chased a solution as I'm still 1080p at both home and office. I'm guessing since Flexi says it likes 1152 x 854 or higher, It may not be optimized for 4k. If you haven't already, consider adjusting resolution settings.

    Another similar thread here:
    https://signs101.com/threads/new-monitor-flexi-question.127919/

    Google is one of my best friends.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. IsItFasst

    IsItFasst Member

    320
    8
    18
    Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    I suppose I can adjust the resolution on that monitor if it becomes an issue. But I really like how I can fit so much more on screen with the proper resolution. Not a big deal in Flexi but for my other monitor it makes a big difference of how much more I can fit on that screen.
     
  4. IsItFasst

    IsItFasst Member

    320
    8
    18
    Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    One other thing I find odd is half the time after I wake up my monitors my Flexi has moved to monitor 1 even though I keep it on monitor 2. Strange since this only happens about 25% of the time...the other 75% it stays where it should.
     
  5. WildWestDesigns

    WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

    6,288
    278
    83
    Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN

    Does something else happen during that 25% of the time? Right after waking up the computer or unlocking the computer etc.

    If there is something else triggering it may want to try to disable that functionality as well.
     
  6. IsItFasst

    IsItFasst Member

    320
    8
    18
    Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    Not that I can tell. I don't let my computer sleep (this computer is almost 6 years old) and never had the issue until the new video card/4k monitors. All the programs on monitor 1 stay normal and even the small pop-up boxes (I always keep design central, fill/stroke editor open) stay on monitor 2 where they should be. Just the main program moves. It is really odd.
     
  7. IsItFasst

    IsItFasst Member

    320
    8
    18
    Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    Oddly this now happens every time I turn my monitors on. And has starting messing with my menu bar layout as well.
     
  8. GAC05

    GAC05 Major Contributor

    5,586
    662
    113
    Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    See if you can run Flexi in compatibility-mode - maybe set it back to Windows95....
    You can make money with Flexisign but it is always an adventure.
     
Loading...

Share This Page

 


Loading...