• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4Over

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I see they're highly recommended for business card printing. I don't see any examples/options listed on their site - maybe I'm missing them. Is the normal procedure to call them to discuss options or are they listed on the site and I'm not seeing them?

EDIT: just saw you have to sign up prior to being able to view the site in its entirety.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Good deal - thanks for the heads up.

They have a facility not too far from me which works out nice for being able to pick items up.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I've got this guy designing a pretty awesome logo - can't wait to get it on a business card. :Big Laugh

vid

I've got this guy designing a pretty awesome logo...

4over... oooooooooooooooo (cringes just a little)... Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of 4over, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if you've got an awesome designer --- :rolleyes: --- you might as well showcase the work with an embossed business card. The logo is beggin' for it, anyway.

I have not used these guys, but it'll give you an idea of the look. Here's another gallery showing some embossed and other fancy cards.​

That would add some dimension to the card and really hammer home the idea of "precision."

That'd be one swuuuuueeeeet business card!

----Just my .o2

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'm leaning toward doing an embossed logo on the new card/with the new design. I'm assuming by your post that 4Over doesn't do embossing?

vid

I'm leaning toward doing an embossed logo on the new card/with the new design. I'm assuming by your post that 4Over doesn't do embossing?

I haven't seen it... but they do have other interesting effects that can doll up the business card --- spot UV, foils, Akufoil. When you get your sample pack, you'll see some pretty neat stuff! All of which could add some bling to your card beyond the typical CYMK printing.

But with what you do, and Phillip's flair for design and colors, it just seems like the embossing fits the best for that "old world" craftsmanship feel.

edited to add:
Hey Moze

How about a spot UV print?

+1
The first time, I did a spot UV I was pleasantly surprised at how deadly accurate it was --- even with tiny stuff. It added a nice shimmer to the imprint.​

Last edited:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'm not very knowledgeable on printing/techniques/applications. Phillip asked what I thought of Spot UV and I wasn't positive what it was. After looking at a few pictures and watching a couple of videos, I'm now leaning that way. I think it'll work nicely with the design he's doing.

SAR.Summerlin

We only opened a couple of months ago and so far have not used 4Over because they will not do anything custom even rounded corners until we build up points or something. We have been using ZooPrinting and had great success and they are quick and keep you updated on where you job is in the production process.

ucmj22

Ahh I see. Not sure if I would want that on our site now that I think of it...

Sweet site btw.....you've got a ton of nice work on there.

Thanks I'm actually in the slow process of building a new one that isn't iWeb. I havent updated it in over a year either.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 3.44.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 3.44.25 PM.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 119
C

ColoPrinthead

We only opened a couple of months ago and so far have not used 4Over because they will not do anything custom even rounded corners until we build up points or something. We have been using ZooPrinting and had great success and they are quick and keep you updated on where you job is in the production process.

When last used 4over in 2007 they offered it but didn't do it to my order the one time I choose it. I took the shops to a local letter press and they took care of the corners. I wish 4Over had been in Texas when I used them and ran a small print shop there.

fresh

Other than their somewhat honkey upload process, I think they are very good as well. I've had a few problems (mostly with uploading) and they are usually really cool. I think their customer service is better than 4Over, too.

mnapuran

Yea... 4Over has been good and quick, but sadly their colors don't match on all the art submitted.

We had used another company previously, and the colors of a particular customers cards came out exactly as we wanted them. Started using 4Over to do that customers cards, and the blues are purple. They tried to make adjustments and reprint, but same issue.

Customer service has been good from them though

Sooner Printing

Yea... 4Over has been good and quick, but sadly their colors don't match on all the art submitted.

We had used another company previously, and the colors of a particular customers cards came out exactly as we wanted them. Started using 4Over to do that customers cards, and the blues are purple. They tried to make adjustments and reprint, but same issue.

Customer service has been good from them though

Any place that gang runs printing is not very accurate on color.. They will run 100 different people's card on the same run.. So colors are not the same as say a printer who runs one company card at a time.. Still a gang run but the color doesn't have to make a drastic change all across the sheet.. But 4over is a great company to work with.. Just have to learn the draw-backs of gang run printing if you use online print shops

visual800

I used them and they jacked up a set of cards on the color and wouldnt reprint and argued thatit was in my art, I said "screw you!" and left them. If they screw up some cards and stuff they will NOT redo them at their cost, well they didnt when they did mone, sorta pi$$ed me off, so now Im back with printfirm the only ones who havnt screwed anything up yet

and printzoo? OMG, do NOT even waste time setting up an account with these guys. I have never seen such a PITA website to submit art. and the charges never stop. sometimes the uploads dont take, absolute horrible experience

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Soooo....about to place my order on 4Over.

I'm choosing 16pt., 4:4 (full color front & back), spot UV front & back, 1000 cards (minimum it will let me choose), with emailed proof and the total is only $34.99?? That seems way too cheap. Are their prices just that good?

TXFB.INS

yes Im looking at our account and that is the correct price.

yes prices that good.

We have had a few issues with them over the years, however they have always been good on getting replaced (make sure you take pictures, they are big on visual proof)
not curing completely before packaging so the coating stuck together and messed the print up when trying to separate.
the biggest issue has been on cutting misalignment

Last edited: