• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4Over

piccadillysigns

I have my art ready to go for some postcards, maybe I will just order a smaller Qty and see how they do, their samples looked good!

ScrapWrapper

I love 4over and I have used for over 4 years. Fast shipping and great prices. Make sure to use there template and make sure your artwork is 100% correct.
Reprints do to an issues always suck to get fixed.

Bill43mx

Has anyone had issues with 4Over production times lately, specifically from their NJ facility? A couple of weeks ago I placed an order on a sunday evening (they actually encourage you to order on weekends) for 500 post cards. Production time 2-4 days and I'm one day UPS from them so I will have the cards by Friday, right? NOPE! The following monday I contact them and get a reply stating that QC has ordered a reprint for "quality reasons". After some back and forth I'm told they can't find my job in their warehouse. Okay, **** happens. They offer to reprint asap and give me a credit for nearly the entire cost of the job. This order was not time sensitive so I'm fine with that. Fast forward to this week....exact same scenario 500 post cards ordered Sunday night, 2-4 day production, only this time it IS time sensitive as they are needed for a weekend event. I followed the job progress daily on the website and Wednesday it's still showing as "batch imposition" which is the first step in the process. I contact them and am assured that they are on schedule for production by Thursday. Guess what? Right now they are showing as being in UV coating! ARGH! Guess UPS won't be dropping them off today, huh? We've used them for 3 or 4 years, probably averaging a job or 2 a month and we've had an occasional problem...cards that had missing art (even though the proof was correct) or cut crooked, which they always made good on, but they have never missed a production deadline before and now they've missed 2 in a row! Is this a pattern or have I just been extremely unlucky?

TXFB.INS

Has anyone had issues with 4Over production times lately, specifically from their NJ facility? A couple of weeks ago I placed an order on a sunday evening (they actually encourage you to order on weekends) for 500 post cards. Production time 2-4 days and I'm one day UPS from them so I will have the cards by Friday, right? NOPE! The following monday I contact them and get a reply stating that QC has ordered a reprint for "quality reasons". After some back and forth I'm told they can't find my job in their warehouse. Okay, **** happens. They offer to reprint asap and give me a credit for nearly the entire cost of the job. This order was not time sensitive so I'm fine with that. Fast forward to this week....exact same scenario 500 post cards ordered Sunday night, 2-4 day production, only this time it IS time sensitive as they are needed for a weekend event. I followed the job progress daily on the website and Wednesday it's still showing as "batch imposition" which is the first step in the process. I contact them and am assured that they are on schedule for production by Thursday. Guess what? Right now they are showing as being in UV coating! ARGH! Guess UPS won't be dropping them off today, huh? We've used them for 3 or 4 years, probably averaging a job or 2 a month and we've had an occasional problem...cards that had missing art (even though the proof was correct) or cut crooked, which they always made good on, but they have never missed a production deadline before and now they've missed 2 in a row! Is this a pattern or have I just been extremely unlucky?

we are averaging 1-2+ orders a week and have never had issues like this in the years we have used them. grated we are using the Arlington Plant.

anotherdog

We are averaging about 15-20 orders a week with 4over. Just a little north or Toronto, we mainly blind ship direct to the customer. Although something goes wrong in maybe 1 in 100 jobs, they are quick to reprint and ship if there is an issue.
Quality is very good, register on the gold foil and the UV to date has been spot on.
We do keep really high end jobs and booklets for local printers, but everything else is now 4over. We used to use Gotprint, but the shipping to Canada was a killer.

I use them for the majority of our business card, postcard and brochure production and I would happily recommend.
The downside? Have you looked in the paper at all the medium sized printers going bust?
4over is the Walmart of print. Support them if you want, but they are turning to printing signage too.

MIMO

Interesting to hear a positive about 4over Canada. I've heard they've had a rougher go than they had hoped and the cross border shipping that was supposed to be temporary while they ramped up will continue until they get their volume.

More interesting though is that there is no mention of their work in our part of the business. Don't forget that they are your competition and you're only helping them when sending them jobs.

When they opened here in Canada I went to their open house to see what we would be up against on the large format side. Lots of space. They are running HP 6100z for posters and banner stands, CET UV for banners, and supposedly were getting a CET flatbed in. So I ordered some banners to check out there quality, files I knew would be a little tougher and they came back looking like crap. Their solids were the worst I have ever seen on a finished product, poorly saturated and visible banding from 10 ft away. It made me happy but I'm not stupid enough to think they won't get better. It did shock me that they had let it get out the door. Not sure what their effect will be on our marketplace.

Anyhow, why the love for a player in the market that is only going to drive down quality and pricing?

royster13

My 1st experience with 4over Canada did not go well....At about the same time I found www.sinalite.com Sinalite has been good for me and the last time I checked, their freight charges were about 40% less than 4over....

MIMO

+1 on Sinalite if (and only if) you know your job is suitable for gang runs. Have done about
10 jobs there and will continue to do so. Even though they do compete in the large format space, they don't have that same scorched earth strategy that 4over does so I feel comfortable on that front.