• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4x8 sign

graphix

hello all, i have a job to do, i have a roland 540, 54 inch 3651 orajet,210 lam, and the big squeegie, should i panel this print? i am new to laying down big pc's,,,just curious of how some would do it ,
thanks

Matt-Tastic

do you have a laminator? or a good amount of rapid tac? if so, you'll be fine. otherwise, print it in a size you feel comfortable with, and panel it.

graphix

ok, i told you wrong, i have a 26 in big sqeegie,and i do have rapid tac and my laminate is 30in so with this how should i do it, i know i have to panel laminate, i am new to laying down the big stuff,just need a little guidance, thanks

Pat Whatley

Still do it as a single panel. lay the panel face down, peel off the backing, spray the hell out of it with the Rapid Tac, flip it over onto the panel, align, squegee out all the Rapid Tac. We did them that way forever until we got a Big Squegee.

graphix

Still do it as a single panel. lay the panel face down, peel off the backing, spray the hell out of it with the Rapid Tac, flip it over onto the panel, align, squegee out all the Rapid Tac. We did them that way forever until we got a Big Squegee.
what about the laminate?lap it over?lay it on first?
thanks all!

Sign Ninja

I'd mount the vinyl first, then laminate it, then print on top of the laminate. Be sure to raise those print heads so the board fits through the printer.

Just kidding sorry, but... only rookies panel a 4x8, if that answers your question : )

thmooch

When laying the print you could use a center hinge method & only have to work half the print at a time.

32bantum

Depending on your print software, enable and scale your overlap, I usually set it yp for 3/4 inches. Print, lamainate then trim the non printed vinyl. Peel the backing from the bottom panel and spray it down with application fluid of your choice. Square the panel to the bottom edge of the sign and squeegee out. Do the same for the top panel. You definatley want the top panel to overlap the bottom to allow for runoff when it rains so water won't get between your panels. Let it dry out for a day or so and run your squeegee over it again before delivery or installation.

GP

Since I am short on people, I center hinge a 4x8 panel.

No input on the laminate. I outsource.

GP

ZsVinylInc

Here is how I do most of my larger signs (even though I have the large big squeegee but it always seems my wife is unavailable to help me every time we have a large sign to do) I would line up the print and temporarily tape it in place. At one end I roll it back and peel off about 4" of backing and then apply it. I then roll the rest of the print over. I peal the backing back about 3" or so and fold it back making a crease in it. Then roll the print back on to the board making sure that the backing you just folded back stays folded back. Then I pull the backing off about 6-8" at a time and apply.

graphix

Ok all Thanks Alot,
I'll post up the results in a week or two, waiting on approval and the guys out of town so we will see what happens, this is going on 40 gauge alum, whats a ball park figure on the print being on orajet and 210 lam and applying to alum..
southeren ohio top 10 unemployment...
thanks

speedmedia

Why .040 aluminum?

Also, is this a long term sign? If it is short term you could always scrap the overlam and just roll liquid lam it. We do this a lot on short term site signs and such.

210 lam with 3651 is good to use if you need to lam it. The center hinge thing works for me as well as I am usually doing them along.

Thanks,
Kurt

graphix

Why .040 aluminum?

Also, is this a long term sign? If it is short term you could always scrap the overlam and just roll liquid lam it. We do this a lot on short term site signs and such.

210 lam with 3651 is good to use if you need to lam it. The center hinge thing works for me as well as I am usually doing them along.

Thanks,
Kurt
the .040 is all that is available, i am like hrs from a pickup and i don't stock any alum sheets (.040 what the racers use here) the metal is going on a buildin that has flat ribs on it...they was just gonna screw to it..

luggnut

i would print the sign in panels if all i had was 30 in overlam. (unless it is gonna be view from a great distance. ) the over laps it the lam are gonna make a darker strip appear at the overlaps. (maybe not if it is optically clear?)

i would print a 30x96 panel and a 18x96 panel and lay them down you will still have a seam but if you line it up right it won't be as noticeable as the just overlapped lam. i have seamed many trailer wraps and larger signs this way my printer limits me to 48" panels.

32bantum

Ok all Thanks Alot,
I'll post up the results in a week or two, waiting on approval and the guys out of town so we will see what happens, this is going on 40 gauge alum, whats a ball park figure on the print being on orajet and 210 lam and applying to alum..
southeren ohio top 10 unemployment...
thanks
650 plus tax if they are installing 900 total including install. Thats just me!!