• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

50' high tank

signage

Happens to me almost every day of the week. Say what you will, but its my loyal customers that know I won't gouge them. They are faithful to me, and I am fair with them.

Why I must have fallen into a rabbit hole, into a world of madness. (Colorado and Signage are now friends) :ROFLMAO:

When you live in the middle of know were thing that this happen:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also when you are the only game in town/farm fields(wooded lots) all businesses are your loyal customers:omg::Big Laugh

Colorado must have fallen off his wrapping chair:tongue:

Last edited:

skyhigh

I charged him $2000.. I usually charge 1200 for trailers with aprox the same size logo. "But they are not 50' to high.." long story short he didnt like the price and i wouldnt budge so he was mad. I thougt it was more than fair. He may have been expecting the same price as the trailers, he just said he wanted it done.. he didnt ask for a price and i didnt wanna throw one one because i wasnt sure what problems i would run into.. first job up high..

Sounds like he's a regular customer. Throw him a small bone.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
"A" shirt? Must be a generational thing.

I'm not as old as Gino (not nearly as old)....but older than Jill. :ROFLMAO:

Nope. It stands for athletic shirt. I can't wear them anymore, except as undershirts. Too old and outa shape. How 'bout you ?? :wink:

skyhigh

When you live in the middle of know were thing that this happen:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also when you are the only game in town/farm fields(wooded lots) all businesses are your loyal customers:omg::Big Laugh

Colorado must have fallen off his wrapping chair:tongue:

No I don't live in the BIG city like you, but .....per capita I have more shops around me than you do. I can count 18 vinyl shops in a ten mile radius of me. Far from the only game in town!!! Hell, I"ve posted on here before about the shop only 2 doors up from me.

In summary.....not the only game in town.....not the cheapest in town.....just the best in town. :rolleyes:

Nepotism & family is a wonderful thing too)))))

skyhigh

Nope. It stands for athletic shirt. I can't wear them anymore, except as undershirts. Too old and outa shape. How 'bout you ?? :wink:

ahhhhhh tell me more about that bicycle you bought buddy. I've been thinking.....

bite me. :ROFLMAO:

MikePro

whats a "wife beater"?
this (based on the red-neck/hick/hillbilly/whitetrash stereotype)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 10.19.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 10.19.35 AM.png
    407.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 10.18.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 10.18.31 AM.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 10.18.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 10.18.17 AM.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 121

TheSnowman

Ugh...I remember painting a wall at a factory once with a "helper" in the scissors lift.
She was the only female who's ever hit on me.
As if I'd date a frizzy-haired gal in a stained wife-beater that exposed her stretched-out bra which was even yellower than her teeth.
It was 8 hours of pure hell.

You just about made me spit skittles all over my screen Jill!!!

gmcjunkie

Thanks for the for the comments.. atleast i know im in the ball park. And a lesson learned on making sure the price is clear...

FS-Keith

Or how they are awarded a job without the customer knowing what it is going to cost.

get a better client base. We have several who say get it done and bill me. I think this guys just wants to compare his pricing to what others would be at on this job.

FS-Keith

I charged him $2000.. I usually charge 1200 for trailers with aprox the same size logo. "But they are not 50' to high.." long story short he didnt like the price and i wouldnt budge so he was mad. I thougt it was more than fair. He may have been expecting the same price as the trailers, he just said he wanted it done.. he didnt ask for a price and i didnt wanna throw one one because i wasnt sure what problems i would run into.. first job up high..

I would have been close to 1200 in labor alone, so you def cut him a nice deal

Craig Sjoquist

Thought your price was more then fair 50 ft up geez
They provided lift & help so that saved them alot money

Ask your insurance agent for a bid to insure ya for work that high.

Now lets see a picture or so of finished work

gmcjunkie

thanks Gino..The pic from a far was the easy to reach side. if u look in that pic, in the lower left (by the tree) there is a shed with open front. we had to park the lift down there and fully extend to reach the the other side. it was interesting.