• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

50% or 1/2 off?

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to word this. It's a banner for a chinese restaurant. They want to advertise that on July 15, everything on the menu will be 1/2 price. So...

All Day July 15
50% Off All Menu Items

or

July 15
Entire Menu 1/2 Price
All day

or

1/2 Price Menu
All Day July 15

or something else?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Really screw 'em.

Everysing 50¢ todlay onree.............:Big Laugh​

Pat Whatley

I prefer to use 50% off. You are in Alabama, so maybe you should go with the second one; not as much math.

:Cool 2:

Because all mental giants come from the hills of KY.

50% off because it's easier to layout, easier to read and 50 is larger than 1/2 meaning a subconsciously larger discount.

Sticker Dude

1/2 Half off is the way to go

50%---- people actually have to think of what the total will be the % stumps the average person
1/2----- they know right way that it is half off

Last edited:

emo

New Chinese proverb:
July 15th. You come. You eat. You pay half.
You come before or later, you pay twice that for same.

schramm

一切都在菜單上50%的一天!.
Translated: everything on menu 50% off all day July 15th!

Yum yum dim sum!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to word this. It's a banner for a chinese restaurant. They want to advertise that on July 15, everything on the menu will be 1/2 price. So...

All Day July 15
50% Off All Menu Items

or

July 15
Entire Menu 1/2 Price
All day

or

1/2 Price Menu
All Day July 15

or something else?

Sign makers should never as in ever write copy. Get the client to write the copy.

Marlene

nice Chinese steoro typing...

50% off sounds like better as we all get it. 1/2 off menu prices doesn't sound as impressive of a savings for some reason. most stores list the % off so we are used to seeing it.