• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6 x 6 Braille Sign manufacturer from this picture?

appropriate1

I do few of these and have a great customer that wants me to match his braille 6 x 6 signs. Does anyone recognize the source for this simple sign? Thanks.

Attachments

• 6 x 6 Braille.jpeg
    6 x 6 Braille.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 116

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
That particular sign was produced with the photopolymer method. A lot of different wholesalers can do that for you.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
ADA Sign Lady here. I wouldn't want to reproduce this sign. Not only will photopolymer signs degrade as you see with this one, but the braille translation on this sign is incorrect. Our company uses the thermoforming method, so look for a company that wholesales thermoformed signs. Those will never degrade in moisture. And be sure they know how to translate braille as per the standards. You can check out our site at 4adasigns.com and go to our store, ADA Sign Products. This would be a custom sign, but it's so simple it wouldn't be hugely expensive -- just 100 percent better quality!
Yeah, we do ADA as well- but, since I'm not a merchant member, I'm not hawking my wares via not answering the OP's question- which was about what type/and who makes them.
The degradation you refer to is due to the age of the sign- and the fact that it's in some sort of school and doubtless picked at, leaned on, and beat up by thousand of students over the years. Personally, I don't care for the photopolymer method (despite the fact that we do our ADA that way)- or the "printed" or thermoformed versions, because a) the ADA standards call for rounded Braille dots (and, while photopolymers have a rounded edge, they're not domed as shown in the ADA guide), and B) while thermoformed and "printed" ADA signs have relatively domed Braille, the rounded shape of the copy doesn't match what's in the ADA guide, either (nor does the rounded top edge of photopolymers).
So, while any of these three might be alternatively used, and are common, my suggestion for ADA is always to use raster Braille and applique tactile copy (and, by extension, matching the ADA's handbook that- unless it's been updated and I missed it- doesn't really address/approve those other methods).
Also, since the OP was seeking a source for a matching sign- not alternatives- your company's method would be unsuitable since it wouldn't match what was already there, and would be noticeably different from any existing signage on-site, if the rest of them are photopolymers, as well.

CanuckSigns

As others have said, this is a photopolymer sign, and a very old one at that. I think you will find when you get pricing that ordering 1 photo polymer sign is extremely expensive, that is because they are very set up intensive, similar to screen printing. I would also give your customer another alternative and consider an ADA applique and raster braille option, the sign won't match exactly to a trained eye, but due to the age of the existing sign, a new photo polymer sign wouldn't match either.