• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

60inch banner

jyl

this is my first over size banner project. 5' x 6'

I have Roland vp540 which means I can't print in one piece.

what do you guys use to put two piece banner together?

I am trying to use hem tape. is this strong enough to hold two piece together?

Thanks

Tim Aucoin

Buy some of that new 54" 15% stretchable banner. Just make sure to "squish" the artwork to allow for the 15% stretch. You'll need a large work table to do the stretching... and two very strong people! :Big Laugh

But seriously... what bayshorecreations said... sub it out to someone who can handle that size. Nothing worse than (and more costlier than) a two piece banner failure!

petepaz

search merritt on here we have a 54" printer and have the same problem
merritt does all our over sized banners and for the prices and quick turn around it's not worth piecing together

SignManiac

Spend $20k and get a 60" printer is another option. Your first banner could go to paying it off?

Or sub it out. Never try to butcher a job together.

mtroup

In a pinch I have printed the image on vinyl and then applied the vinyl in two pieces.. now this was when I had to have an oversize banner done overnight and couldn't sub it out.. As with everyone else has suggested.. it's best to sub it out.

Salmoneye

I am thinking of buying a banner welder for exactly this. On long banners does anyone find this easier than sewing?

cartoad

If you want it to hold, overlap 4 - 6 inches, 3 strips of hem tape, gorrilla glue between the tape, and it will hold just fine. Also as pointed out put a grommett in at the overlap.