• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6'x12' Trailer Wrap Price

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You could buy the print from a wholesaler and install it. You would mark up the print and charge a healthy fee for the install. You have to start somewhere.

THIS would have been better than throwing away a customer. Good grief.

player

Only for the wrap, not the vinyl lettering.

Do you think the wrap guys don't do cut letters? They will probably up sell them to wrap everything, keep all the business with the wrap guys because they will have a better image with their superior abilities.

Customers are not die hard loyal, far from it.

Twisted Images

I started out by having a company run my prints for me and i would do the install. You can find companies that will print and lam for 4-6 bucks a square foot depending on media. I still have them do large prints or high square footage prints if im tied up with other jobs.

rickbult

Total Square Footage

See if my math is correct. I'm getting around 235 SF (including some waste for overlap) to do all 4 sides, another 75 SF if you do the roof. If that's accurate, roughly what price per SF would you put towards material, and how much per SF for labor?

After erb you get the feel for this kind of work, how long would it take to wrap that kind of trailer? I know that's a tough question since it could be barn doors, or ramp, a screwed exterior or screwless. And for those features do you adjust pricing?

Thanks, this has been a helpful thread for us first time guys.

sdnj

Do you think the wrap guys don't do cut letters? They will probably up sell them to wrap everything, keep all the business with the wrap guys because they will have a better image with their superior abilities.

Customers are not die hard loyal, far from it.

You are right. I only did what I thought was right for the customer hoping they would not screw me in the future.

sdnj

UPDATE:

Customer has called me back about trailer saying he would just like to turn it white put a couple pictures on.

Now I may be able to help him.

Paint it white?

Vinyl wrap suggestions?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmm. I guess you are suggesting that because wrapping with solid white will still be more $ than having it painted?

Well, you indicated before that wrapping was going to be somewhat of a challenge, so I figured having it painted would be easier for you. Like Jhill mentioned, have it done by a professional and find out what they're gonna use and plan accordingly.

If this is gonna be your recommendation, then don't foul it up by ruining the very thing you told him was the best avenue to go.