Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8600 problem/question

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by crny1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    Hello all,
    For some reason my graphtec has started to do a double cut pass on everything. I am using cutmaster 4 and have never had this problem. It is set for single pass. Any ideas what would be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    To add too it.
    It is cutting rectangles (as it should) but the knife goes down and cuts clockwise. Once its at the poing where it completes the rectangle it stops and turns around and cuts counter clockwise back to the begining without ever lifting the blade.

Latest firmware and latest cutmaster 4 upgrade.

3. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    No one?

4. Pitzu

Pitzu Member

May 2, 2018
    Romania
    Make sure you don't have two copies of the design, one on top of the other. If they are perfectly on top of each other it can be hard to see.
    Also, switch the view to wireframe mode, it might help.
    You can find a similar discussion here: https://signs101.com/threads/cutting-twice.90134/

5. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    Took a blank artboard in Illy and put a rectangle on it with cut contour stroke only and sent it to the cutter and same thing. one time around clockwise and turn around and make a trip around counter clockwise.
    As if this cutter didnt irritate me enough before this!!!

6. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    What "Condition" is the plotter set at?

7. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL

8. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Well then... Do you ever mess with those settings? Could someone else have messed with it? Maybe something got changed there. I don't know anything about Cutmaster and you say it's already set to single pass. I'm not sure what to say besides go through each setting one by one.

9. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Make sure that you're not converting strokes to outlines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    BINGO! Thank you Joe. Somehow I managed to check that box by accident and didnt even realize it. All good now.