• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8x24 car wash sign

kstompaint

We installed this today. Printed & laminated with Oracal on our Mutoh.

Attachments

• JOTS Menu done.jpg
    JOTS Menu done.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 110

kstompaint

onesource: I agree it's a bit crowded (especially the top left because the "Best Value" was added at the last minute), but the customer wanted all of this info and it had to be this big to be legible from the end of the line... so it got crowded.

Funny you guys would think the price is cheap, I agree but... I put that pic on my facebook and everybody commented that it was ridiculously high. Unfortunately, that's what those of us who are in business seem to have to deal with around here these days.

The substrate is AlumaCorr. It was installed to existing framework.

Salmoneye

You laid all of the panels in the shop individually? You can't even see the seams in the photo. How did you get it all so flush? Looks good.

kstompaint

Yea, that's how we did it. We printed the panels with a 1" bleed. Application started with one of the middle panels and worked from there out with just 2 panels up on the table at a time. It only took 2 of us an hour or so to apply.

There was an existing 6'x24' frame made of 1"x1" aluminum tubing. There were vertical braces every 4', but they were spaced back 1". We bolted the Alumacorr through the frame around the edges and used u-bolts from the back on the vertical braces with a 1"block to compensate for the offset. At the top, I tied the panels together with the plates that came with the u bolts.