Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of Networking, Valuejet help please!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Derf, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

OK,

I am hooking up my new ValuJet vj-1204 and it requires you to input the network data to configure the on board print server. SO I'm guessing!!

My IP config is as follows when I run an (IPconfig /all) on the PC running (Winxp Pro service pac1)

subnet = 225.225.225.0
    Default gateway = 192.168.0.1

Computers on network

PC-A = 192.168.0.105
    MAC-A = 192.168.0.104
    MAC-B = 192.168.0.103
    Copier = 192.168.0.102
    Mutoh Falcon = 192.168.0.100

I set the ValuJet

Subnet = 225.225.225.0
    Gateway = 192.168.0.1
    IP = 192.168.0.106

In Flexi 8.1v1 on the PC

Production manager Setting for ValuJet:

IP = 192.168.0.106

port = 9100

What am I missing here?

Do I need to set up a DCHP static IP?

SW Said I need to run the printer direct to the PC using a crossover cable set with a static IP.

I know why they say that, because it is easy to set up that way and their job is to get the printer to work and not to manage your network. that is understandable, However A little network support would be helpful because I have 2 other pieces of equipment I need to run off the PC too. and lord helping I'd like to get the MAC to send print jobs too.

My Mutoh Falcon works just fine off the MAC and the PC.

Thanks for any Ideas.

Tags:
  2. mondo

mondo Active Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I forgot what did I do the first time I set up mine. Where is valuejet connected? Router or PrintServer? Mine is connected to the router.
    Are you on TCP/IP Port? I'll check on mine see if I can remember how I did it.

3. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Not familiar with the ValueJet [or] it's setup, but if you actually set the ValuJet to : IP = 192.168.0.106

then it should work . . . Good Luck !

4. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Router!

I'm not sure about the TCP/IP port.. I should be.

5. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Thats what I thought! ... ??? But does not work as I have it configured for some reason

6. Replicator

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Do you have to setup or configure that IP in your router settings through an internet page perhaps ?

7. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I can get into my router no peoblem..

I can set up a DHCP for a static IP but I don't want to mess with it unless I know I will need to do that.

I can also do a bunch of stuff with the router settings however their all set to default now.

8. mondo

mondo Active Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Like Rep said If your IP Address is right it should be fine.
    Did not include any usb or parallel cable just the crossover when they shipped mine. But when I tried a usb the PC reads a different printer not VJ 1204.

On the production manager the port should be on the TCP/IP if its connected to the router or printserver or network hub. Since I plug the crossover cable to the router the first time I never try the printserver or network hub at all.

9. Replicator

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    shouldn't harm anything to modify these settings . . . You can always undo it !

add the static IP and see what happens . . .

Attached Files:

10. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

OK I'll try that.

I tryed that and it said, "Invalid IP"

So I pinged it and the ping came back just fine , No lost packets

11. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I'll try again tomorrow

12. Replicator

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Sorry for your troubles . . .
    If you can't get it up and running or can't find someone on 101 to help over the weekend,
    you may be forced to wait until Monday and call VJ tech-support
    or the company you bought it from for help.

Good Luck !

13. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Derf can you assign a static ip on you printer? if so you need to set that ip with in the range that your router is setting/looking for.

14. creative

creative Member

Mar 18, 2007
    If you do not have a cross over cable then hook up your RJ45 to a hub/router the you'll be able to set it up, just gone thru the same thing.

just forget everything you'd learned about networking trust me on this one, if you don't have a cross, it won't work if connected directly to the lan card, if all you have is a straigh cable then simply connect it to the hub/router.

hope it helps

15. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005

Derf, if you used the cable that came with your printer and ran it through your router, then I think that is the problem.

The cable is a cross over cable.

Your router does a cross over internally.

Try using a straight, (not cross over), cable.

Atleast, that is what I was told..

16. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I am using a Cat-5 Regular cable not a crossover

I am hopping to get the ValuJet Driver for Flexi 7.7v2 so I can see if I can getting it working from the Mac. If I can do that then I know it is a Windows config issue.

17. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I got it to work! I just came in after a good night sleep and checked all my settings and found the IP for the printer was wrong so I changed it back and ... poof it works now.

So if any one needs help setting there VJ up via IP let me know and I can help you.