• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A bit of Networking, Valuejet help please!

Derf

OK,

I am hooking up my new ValuJet vj-1204 and it requires you to input the network data to configure the on board print server. SO I'm guessing!!

My IP config is as follows when I run an (IPconfig /all) on the PC running (Winxp Pro service pac1)

subnet = 225.225.225.0
Default gateway = 192.168.0.1

Computers on network

PC-A = 192.168.0.105
MAC-A = 192.168.0.104
MAC-B = 192.168.0.103
Copier = 192.168.0.102
Mutoh Falcon = 192.168.0.100

I set the ValuJet

Subnet = 225.225.225.0
Gateway = 192.168.0.1
IP = 192.168.0.106

In Flexi 8.1v1 on the PC

Production manager Setting for ValuJet:

IP = 192.168.0.106

port = 9100

What am I missing here?

Do I need to set up a DCHP static IP?

SW Said I need to run the printer direct to the PC using a crossover cable set with a static IP.

I know why they say that, because it is easy to set up that way and their job is to get the printer to work and not to manage your network. that is understandable, However A little network support would be helpful because I have 2 other pieces of equipment I need to run off the PC too. and lord helping I'd like to get the MAC to send print jobs too.

My Mutoh Falcon works just fine off the MAC and the PC.

Thanks for any Ideas.

mondo

I forgot what did I do the first time I set up mine. Where is valuejet connected? Router or PrintServer? Mine is connected to the router.
Are you on TCP/IP Port? I'll check on mine see if I can remember how I did it.

Replicator

Not familiar with the ValueJet [or] it's setup, but if you actually set the ValuJet to : IP = 192.168.0.106

then it should work . . . Good Luck !

Derf

I forgot what did I do the first time I set up mine. Where is valuejet connected? Router or PrintServer? Mine is connected to the router.
Are you on TCP/IP Port? I'll check on mine see if I can remember how I did it.

Router!

I'm not sure about the TCP/IP port.. I should be.

Derf

Not familiar with the ValueJet [or] it's setup, but if you actually set the ValuJet to : IP = 192.168.0.106

then it should work . . . Good Luck !

Thats what I thought! ... ??? But does not work as I have it configured for some reason

Derf

I can get into my router no peoblem..

I can set up a DHCP for a static IP but I don't want to mess with it unless I know I will need to do that.

I can also do a bunch of stuff with the router settings however their all set to default now.

mondo

Router!

Like Rep said If your IP Address is right it should be fine.
Did not include any usb or parallel cable just the crossover when they shipped mine. But when I tried a usb the PC reads a different printer not VJ 1204.

On the production manager the port should be on the TCP/IP if its connected to the router or printserver or network hub. Since I plug the crossover cable to the router the first time I never try the printserver or network hub at all.

Replicator

shouldn't harm anything to modify these settings . . . You can always undo it !

add the static IP and see what happens . . .

Attachments

• dhcp.jpg
    dhcp.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 124

Derf

OK I'll try that.

I tryed that and it said, "Invalid IP"

So I pinged it and the ping came back just fine , No lost packets

Replicator

Sorry for your troubles . . .
If you can't get it up and running or can't find someone on 101 to help over the weekend,
you may be forced to wait until Monday and call VJ tech-support
or the company you bought it from for help.

Good Luck !

signage

Derf can you assign a static ip on you printer? if so you need to set that ip with in the range that your router is setting/looking for.

creative

If you do not have a cross over cable then hook up your RJ45 to a hub/router the you'll be able to set it up, just gone thru the same thing.

just forget everything you'd learned about networking trust me on this one, if you don't have a cross, it won't work if connected directly to the lan card, if all you have is a straigh cable then simply connect it to the hub/router.

hope it helps

Bradster941

Router!

Derf, if you used the cable that came with your printer and ran it through your router, then I think that is the problem.

The cable is a cross over cable.

Your router does a cross over internally.

Try using a straight, (not cross over), cable.

Atleast, that is what I was told..

Derf

I am using a Cat-5 Regular cable not a crossover

I am hopping to get the ValuJet Driver for Flexi 7.7v2 so I can see if I can getting it working from the Mac. If I can do that then I know it is a Windows config issue.

Derf

I got it to work! I just came in after a good night sleep and checked all my settings and found the IP for the printer was wrong so I changed it back and ... poof it works now.

So if any one needs help setting there VJ up via IP let me know and I can help you.