Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few recent logos -

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by Dan Antonelli, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Dan Antonelli

Dan Antonelli Very Active Member

Sep 13, 2003
    NJ
    Heres a sampling of some recent logos we did in last couple of months. Its nice to be able to mix it up with requests for various types of design styles, whether it's a retro style, corporate style, or sports style. Certainly helps from getting stale!

Sometimes the easiest ones are the hardest to pull off. US Medical was a tough conceptual illustration to pull off. And Simple Step was as well. From an icon standpoint, it may be one of our top 10 I'd say.

On the illustrative style ones, like Watercraft and Elegant, we first have a buy-in from the client on a pencil sketch before it gets vectored so that we don't waste time going down one path. The 'Watercraft'' lettering is also hand built from scratch. That logo did wind up taking us a long time to illustrate.

We're finding the use of our logo creative brief, as well as our online portfolio to have helped substantially in reducing the time to produce logos. Its much easier when a client looks through our galleries, and picks out 5 or so that they like. Then at least you have an idea of their preference.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    :thumb:Excellent range and diversity in styles Dan

3. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Those are looking good, I totally dig the "Hockey Boss" chin, that guys jawbone can take out 1000 philistines with that thing.

4. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    top left feel very don draper :thumb:
    thanks dan!

5. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Very nice.. I gues it takes quite a while to develop stuff like that.

6. cartoad

cartoad Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Yakima, WA
    I like them, good to have customers who can appreciate it, thanks for sharing.

7. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    I really like simplexity of the S icon.

8. grampa dan

grampa dan Member

May 31, 2008
    Consistently good - as always. Thanks for sharing!

-grampa dan

9. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    I just ordered both of your books. Looks like I'll be designing stuff like that in no time. HA, yeah right. I did order the books though.
    Very nice. Hockey Boss is hands down my fav.

10. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    simplextiy... that's the perfect description for that S, it's awesome!

fantastic work dan!

11. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    great work! if you took away all the graphics from each and just left the fonts, they still would be great. really shows how expressive a font can be as each fits the business so nicely

12. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Looks like a Cabbage Patch doll on that water craft... seems like the rider should be much bigger to me.

I do like the Eagle-Star thing though and the continuous line S.

Nice work Dan!

13. B-RAD Graphics

B-RAD Graphics Member

Nov 16, 2009
    :thumb: nice work

14. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Wow .. in seeing those all look great and I really like the retro one .Elegant tailoring looks so different and tough to pull off but it works and looks well. thanks for sharing

15. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    As usual ... clean, simple and elegant!

:thumb:

16. Dan Antonelli

Dan Antonelli Very Active Member

Sep 13, 2003
    NJ
    Wow, thanks for all the comments folks. I definitely can't take all the credit - I'm blessed with some talented folks here who help make all this pretty stuff happen!

17. TheSellOut

TheSellOut Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Fantastic Dan! Thanks for sharing!

18. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

Dan, You and the folks there at Graphic D-signs are an inspiration to us all. Nice work.

19. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Very nice, indeed !!

Are they more a representation of higher end pieces or is that your average Joe Blow level ?? In other words, how would you classify them as far as complexity vs. what you charge from your company ??

I have one we recently reproduced for a guy on some trucks whom provided his own logo and characters to go along with it. This was professionally done by a design group and I can honestly say it wasn't local, but I also have some of his artists ideas on paper and I can't believe some of the preliminary ideas.​

I won't hog up your thread.... and I'm not sure I can post them in my own thread, since I didn't create them, but I'd love to hear your ideas on this one.

I'll figure something out. :popcorn:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  20. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
    Very impressive indeed. Thanks for sharing. Your recent article in SignCraft was very inspiring. Congrats on your success ... would love to hire you do redo our website.

21. SignLogic

SignLogic Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Excellent Work!