• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few recent logos -

Dan Antonelli

Heres a sampling of some recent logos we did in last couple of months. Its nice to be able to mix it up with requests for various types of design styles, whether it's a retro style, corporate style, or sports style. Certainly helps from getting stale!

Sometimes the easiest ones are the hardest to pull off. US Medical was a tough conceptual illustration to pull off. And Simple Step was as well. From an icon standpoint, it may be one of our top 10 I'd say.

On the illustrative style ones, like Watercraft and Elegant, we first have a buy-in from the client on a pencil sketch before it gets vectored so that we don't waste time going down one path. The 'Watercraft'' lettering is also hand built from scratch. That logo did wind up taking us a long time to illustrate.

We're finding the use of our logo creative brief, as well as our online portfolio to have helped substantially in reducing the time to produce logos. Its much easier when a client looks through our galleries, and picks out 5 or so that they like. Then at least you have an idea of their preference.

Attachments

• sampling.jpg
    sampling.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 145

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Those are looking good, I totally dig the "Hockey Boss" chin, that guys jawbone can take out 1000 philistines with that thing.

Sticky Signs

I just ordered both of your books. Looks like I'll be designing stuff like that in no time. HA, yeah right. I did order the books though.
Very nice. Hockey Boss is hands down my fav.

Marlene

great work! if you took away all the graphics from each and just left the fonts, they still would be great. really shows how expressive a font can be as each fits the business so nicely

jiarby

Looks like a Cabbage Patch doll on that water craft... seems like the rider should be much bigger to me.

I do like the Eagle-Star thing though and the continuous line S.

Nice work Dan!

Craig Sjoquist

Wow .. in seeing those all look great and I really like the retro one .Elegant tailoring looks so different and tough to pull off but it works and looks well. thanks for sharing

Dan Antonelli

Wow, thanks for all the comments folks. I definitely can't take all the credit - I'm blessed with some talented folks here who help make all this pretty stuff happen!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very nice, indeed !!

Are they more a representation of higher end pieces or is that your average Joe Blow level ?? In other words, how would you classify them as far as complexity vs. what you charge from your company ??

I have one we recently reproduced for a guy on some trucks whom provided his own logo and characters to go along with it. This was professionally done by a design group and I can honestly say it wasn't local, but I also have some of his artists ideas on paper and I can't believe some of the preliminary ideas.​

I won't hog up your thread.... and I'm not sure I can post them in my own thread, since I didn't create them, but I'd love to hear your ideas on this one.

I'll figure something out. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Designer Wraps

Very impressive indeed. Thanks for sharing. Your recent article in SignCraft was very inspiring. Congrats on your success ... would love to hire you do redo our website.