• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little cold today

piccadillysigns

Ummmm I think I will do some sign designs in my office today!

An Arctic airmass over Manitoba combining with light to moderate northwest winds are producing extreme wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 45 over Southern Manitoba this morning. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes.

Marlene

sounds really cold. we are going down below zero on Tuesday and it just makes most outside work impossible as things break. stay inside and stay warm!

Baz

Yup ... That's a cold one!

Here today we have windchills of -30 .. So a little warmer than Manitoba. Last Friday i was out all day installing and it was -18 with windchills of -26. Not bad if you kept moving, but once you stoped ... brrrr.

Supposed to be colder tomorrow and Wednesday ... I am happy i have no exterior installations scheduled for those days!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We're getting it pretty bad too. Last night it went down into the 60s but the wind made it feel like 59. :omg2:

Caitlin

It's been around -40s celsius here as well with windchill warnings.

Yesterday we had the extremely bright idea to try out our new ice fishing shelter in -41 windchill. I still haven't warmed up yet! :omg:

Baz

Yesterday we had the extremely bright idea to try out our new ice fishing shelter in -41 windchill. I still haven't warmed up yet! :omg:

You know it's cold when you can't leave the beer outside or else it will freeze.

genericname

You know it's cold when you can't leave the beer outside or else it will freeze.

Thought I'd be smart and save what was left of the keg this way, after I had my housewarming party. Went in to check on everything the other day, and my shed smelled like beer. What hadn't frozen solid had exploded. :doh:

Took out the trash this morning, and it was so cold, the garbage bin lid snapped in half as I pulled it off. Good thing I was wearing three layers for the walk to work!

Baz

Everything either explodes or breaks off in this weather !!! :frustrated: ... And i'm sorry for your loss (re: beer)

piccadillysigns

Just did a little experiment for my 2 year old Daughter
Tossed a cup of hot water up in the air out side, not one drop hit the ground, vaporized in the air, now that's cold!

genericname

Everything either explodes or breaks off in this weather !!! :frustrated: ... And i'm sorry for your loss (re: beer)

Thank you, though it wasn't a huge loss; a few mason jars, and a couple wine bottles full. Considering how much we got out of the keg, that's easily within an acceptable loss level. Still, it was from my neighbourhood brewery though, so anything wasted is at least a little sad.

Tossed a cup of hot water up in the air out side, not one drop hit the ground, vaporized in the air, now that's cold!

So cool! Is there a modern equivalent to Mr. Wizard, Beakman, or Bill Nye? I'd be afraid to raise a kid in a world without awesome televised hydrogen explosions.

Dennis422

-40 is the same temp on both scales, Fahrenheit and Celsius

OlsonSigns601

It's 10 in Chicago and cold but at least we have NO snow, not even a trace of it.

Its 7 NW of you and its suppose to snow Thursday.

With the 60mph winds we had Friday & Saturday, we've got two signs that came down. Pan Face Cover for the LED Gas Station Prices and a billboard got some wind behind it and pulled it up.

I don't mind the extra cash, but it sure does put a stain on getting everything else done.

Richard G

No that's not cold.....That's crazy... I remember seeing snow when I was much younger and I am glad I haven't seen it for the last 40 years.